UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 383 Discussion Thread

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell puts a lock on a rope?  Just cut it.

Whoa, that was pretty awesome, Zoro.  Cannon destroyed!

Thankyou, Zoro.  That rope-lock was dumb.

He can still shoot with the back part? o_O

That's a ship?  Looks like an artificial island to me.  Did all the civilians evacuate?

The sadder thing?  These two episodes show how the anime can just tell an entire arc in 2 episodes instead of 40.

though it's pretty damn hard to accurately display a manga's story arcs in just 2 episodes

don't believe that would ever be possible with Ennies Lobby or Thriller Bark

All rainbows are round.  You just usually can't see the whole circle.  Eh, the colors reversed?  Not sure if that can happen.  That's the gem?!

Wait it's a potion recipe... which makes a gem.  That's nonsensical even for One Piece.

The gem got mixed up with the candy. :D

how many people do ya think will stay up late to watch Naruto being the last toonami premiere as opposed to it being one piece?

I'm just glad they added Ghost in the Shell, because I don't know if I could deal with Naruto closing the block.  It's already enough of a buzzkill and momentum derailment as it is.

someone on reddit mentioned this

"As we seen in every ratings post, there are always those guys who whine about armchair quarterbacks and people who cite Demarco saying everything is fine. As we have seen, that isn't the case. Previously, and something people like to quote, Demarco said OP was doing just fine and not to worry. But according to one of his latest answers, OP was NEVER at the viewership standards the network wanted.

Just something to think about. Demarco's word on show performance is clearly not truthful. So when someone is brining up poor show performance, don't be so quick to point at Demarco and say he said everything was ok. Because he said everything was ok with One Piece, and it certainly was not. And now we are here."

honestly I'm a little scared for toonami because the last time one piece vanished...the block died a couple months later

someone on reddit mentioned this

"As we seen in every ratings post, there are always those guys who whine about armchair quarterbacks and people who cite Demarco saying everything is fine. As we have seen, that isn't the case. Previously, and something people like to quote, Demarco said OP was doing just fine and not to worry. But according to one of his latest answers, OP was NEVER at the viewership standards the network wanted.

Just something to think about. Demarco's word on show performance is clearly not truthful. So when someone is brining up poor show performance, don't be so quick to point at Demarco and say he said everything was ok. Because he said everything was ok with One Piece, and it certainly was not. And now we are here."

honestly I'm a little scared for toonami because the last time one piece vanished...the block died a couple months later

Actually, One Piece stuck around ASA 6 weeks after Toonami ended in 2008.  I remember it vividly, because I haven't gone so mad at something online in my life until that point. 

CN has different bosses now than in 2008, so hopefully the same thing won't happen to Toonami when One Piece leaves.

Actually, One Piece stuck around ASA 6 weeks after Toonami ended in 2008.  I remember it vividly, because I haven't gone so mad at something online in my life until that point. 

CN has different bosses now than in 2008, so hopefully the same thing won't happen to Toonami when One Piece leaves.

considering CN sold all it's anime to Disney maybe not

that said AS has different management than CN

and considering Toonami had enough money to Co-produce 2 new shows I don't think they're in any immediate danger of cancellation

they'll probably be around for 2 maybe 3 more years even if their raitings get worse

considering CN sold all it's anime to Disney maybe not

that said AS has different management than CN

and considering Toonami had enough money to Co-produce 2 new shows I don't think they're in any immediate danger of cancellation

they'll probably be around for 2 maybe 3 more years even if their raitings get worse

That's actually a good topic for a thread. Why DID CN sell all its non-Toonami anime to Disney!? 

Oh man Toonami was gone and One Piece was slowly dying on ASA, oh man what I time that was