UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan: The Final Season Episode #75 Mid-Season Finale Discussion

12 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

it ben way too ambiguous since the beginning. even when all this had freshly come out in the manga, people started asking questions. the allegory isnt perfect because in thi world, the people being persecuted were being persecuted for a reason. in the real world no one who has been persecuted was persecuted for any reason except the delusons of the oppressors. it's also why the x-men allegory doesnt rlly work (as much as i love it)

Yeah but we still don't know if the history of the Eldian people is real.  I'm more inclined to believe it's bullshit.  Either way, you can't justify oppression because of what someone's ancestors did.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So what is Eren actually up to anyway?

Either way, there's several Marleyan airships here.  I don't see how Eren or any other Eldians get out of this.

Good question.

Yeah, but like Yelena said, you don't pick a fight with the world unless you have a plan which you think has a chance of winning.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

when Toonami announces they'll air Season 2 without airing the movie, that's a solid invitation we should see the movie on our own. Promising a service to the customer without providing required aide first is a classic American move.

YEP LOL!

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Pieck telling Gabi all that and saying that she still doesn't trust Marley but she'll stick with with her troops, Gabi's mind just getting pulled in every direction lol

Also what Pieck said was contradictory and didn't make any sense.  Pretty sure this is the last war Titans will still be useful in.  And then what?

24 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Good question.

Yeah, but like Yelena said, you don't pick a fight with the world unless you have a plan which you think has a chance of winning.

Right.  But what plan?  I can't see how anything that's been set up can help, unless I'm missing something.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:24 AM, ben0119 said:

Also what Pieck said was contradictory and didn't make any sense.  Pretty sure this is the last war Titans will still be useful in.  And then what?

Right.  But what plan?  I can't see how anything that's been set up can help, unless I'm missing something.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Pieck understands it's contradictory and that's probably why Gabi quickly mistook her for siding with Marley when she was springing that trap before she told her that doesn't care about Marley just the other Eldian soldiers. I agree about the "then what" so I guess maybe she's decided it doesn't matter as long as she doesn't betray her fellow Eldian soldiers since we know most of that force is made up of them and others since Marley supposedly hasn't had their own fight on the front lines for a long time according to Magath.

Yup, no idea yet on the plan. But I imagine it's by design story wise that we're in the dark about Eren's plan leading into this cliffhanger.

Edited by DangerMouse

Jean wanting to know more details about what Eren was saying back when he was taking those shots at Mikasa is making me really curious, since I still don't buy that in the back of his mind he's hated Mikasa this whole time.

"I don't see him doing that without some kind of reason."

And his "I wonder, could he have some sort of hidden motive?" seems like a pretty big breadcrumb, though even then we don't know if Eren's reasons are good or bad even if this is the case.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1