UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan: The Final Season Episode #67 "Assassin's Bullet" Discussion!

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Connie, Jean, and Sasha

Great stuff

original.gif

071e8eeb024789ef89e77e264da8f94690489b7f

"I know this isn't fair to the others, but you guys will always be special to me."

I've got money on Jean being the only one to survive outside the main 3.

• Sad 2

Just now, rpgamer said:

I'll say it again, how the hell do these people survive years dealing with titans, often in titan territory, and not learn rule fucking one: don't let your guard down in enemy territory.

Good point...it's crazy that theyd drop their guard

2 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

I'll say it again, how the hell do these people survive years dealing with titans, often in titan territory, and not learn rule fucking one: don't let your guard down in enemy territory.

Probably due to how the writer meant to kill Sasha back in Season 2 to show how the light-hearted sides of the world are dead, but only now got around to it, so this part was hastily written? That's my guess.

3 minutes ago, Daos said:

Oh yeah I didn't ask last time, but how does Eren going rogue with this whole plan and then them all showing up at the exact right moment make any sense?

He knows he's too valuable for them to leave alone at risk. So he bet they'd come and take part in the battle rather than let him attack alone with a higher chance of capture.

Just like Hange says.

• Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

He knows he's too valuable for them to leave alone at risk. So he bet they'd come and take part in the battle rather than let him attack alone with a higher chance of capture.

Just like Hange says.

No, that actually makes zero sense that they were able to pull off a perfectly coordinated attack when Eren went rogue with this whole thing.

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Did Sasha get shot at the tail end of the last episode because this feels like a complete rehash of last week maybe even a replay, but I'm guessing im just misremembering.

They didn't have the episode dubbed so they replayed it.

6 hours ago, Daos said:

No, that actually makes zero sense that they were able to pull off a perfectly coordinated attack when Eren went rogue with this whole thing.

No it may have left them with some gaps but it still makes plenty of sense. Amin's advanced battle plan likely involved Jean, Zeke, and the others' recon accounting for everything other than the specifics of Eren's battle actions (which Mikasa seemingly handles on the fly), which overall were probably still very predictable for Armin (Eren was obviously after the Warhammer Titan, who he seemingly guessed was Tybur, since he ate him first, and/or figured he could lure out by killing him if not, and his letters likely indicated his target to them and that he would transform after Willy's show giving them the timing and also forcing their cooperation) especially given that that's what Eren claims his letters were for. So even though he went rogue they still more or less knew when and what Eren was going to do thanks to his letters so they could plan around it. That's just a guess though since perhaps this whole event will be addressed and debriefed in one of the next eps after they get back, since they've done that before with some past battles.

It also may be possible that they discussed a general attack like this in the past before Eren smuggled himself in but that the others didn't agree to it, due to the potential collateral damage, back then and only executed it now when Eren forced their hand to either help him or leave him to be outnumbered and likely captured.

It also didn't go fully smoothly since Pieck and Porco were supposed to be stuck in that hole out of the way, though that worked out for Eren since he needed the Jaw as a crystal cracker anyway.

Edited by DangerMouse

11 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Did Sasha get shot at the tail end of the last episode because this feels like a complete rehash of last week maybe even a replay, but I'm guessing im just misremembering.

Heh. This was just a complete rerun of last week's episode since due to a big winter storm and power outage in Texas Funimation was unable to dub the next episode yet.

Edited by DangerMouse

13 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Texas' disastrous winter conditions that week shut down power for most of the entire state. You can't record work and send stuff online without power.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

Heh. This was just a complete rerun of last week's episode since due to a big winter storm and power outage in Texas Funimation was unable to dub the next episode yet.

Ya I completely missed this 😄.

It's crazy that this is all being done on such tight timeframes.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh shit, that long?  What is Toonami going to do?

18 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Even seeing this again I still don't understand the whole thing with Zeke.

Well we now know he was in on the planning of this attack. Makes more sense now why he didn't voice any concerns when they were pulled away from the show by our mysterious insider soldier despite his experience.

Though I agree that why still comes to mind!

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Oh shit, that long?  What is Toonami going to do?

Well if it gets done for the 14th (on Funi) then that probably means Toonami should get it on 13th in time for next week since Toonami gets to air the dub first.

But yeah the bigger question is if they can then even keep up afterward since this means they'll actually need to finish dubbing an ep every week in order for it to keep airing without needing to do this again since there's no buffer anymore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Well we now know he was in on the planning of this attack. Makes more sense now why he didn't voice any concerns when they were pulled away from the show by our mysterious insider soldier despite his experience.

Though I agree that why still comes to mind!

I mean, why would they ever trust him? He's murdered a countless number of their people, and seemed to enjoy it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daos said:

I mean, why would they ever trust him? He's murdered a countless number of their people, and seemed to enjoy it.

Agreed, probably not much trust there and for good reason.
I agree he seemed to enjoy murdering those people even in private when he wasn't being observed.

I don't think Levi does given his reaction xD And their exchange xD 

Edited by DangerMouse

On 3/7/2021 at 12:59 AM, ben0119 said:

Even seeing this again I still don't understand the whole thing with Zeke.

Well yeah I don't think we're supposed to understand yet, I wasn't expecting him to be sitting there, just like Gabi and Falco were surprised.

Looks like Zeke and Eren decided to work together for some reason at some point after he infiltrated, hopefully we'll see how that happened and how they communicated since I wouldn't have expected that.

Hange and Levi seemed to have been informed, probably by Eren, about Zeke defecting and Levi's clearly not happy about it even though he successfully staged that fight with him "killing" the Beast Titan lol.

Edited by DangerMouse