UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War Of Underworld Final Episode (#23) "New World" Discussion

3 minutes ago, Daos said:

DA FUQ is wrong with that author?

A lot

Universe only happened because Several of his co-creators decided he was a creep and made their own version of the story after he told them "strong women don't exist" because he wanted all the girls in Tenchi's Harem to basically be like the girl's in Kirito's Harem

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mochi said:

A lot

Universe only happened because Several of his co-creators decided he was a creep and made their own version of the story after he told them "strong women don't exist" because he wanted all the girls in Tenchi's Harem to basically be like the girl's in Kirito's Harem

Japanese men have serious issues with women. No wonder they've stopped breeding over there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, elfie said:

It's the Bryce Papenbrook Power Hour!

It's funny that with the 200 year old copy of Kirito and Eren the way is now, both sound tired as fuck and give no fucks lol.

4 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i could tell it was supposed to be hope but i couldn't hear the p. maybe 'cause i was typing

Heh I thought you were joking.

4 hours ago, mochi said:

IMO the only good Harem series....ever...was the original 2 Tenchi OVA's....but Danmachi is better than most....

I could not stand Tenchi.  It's because of that series I tend to avoid harem shows like the plague.

4 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

they could share their advanced technology with the real world, right? now ther's a real reason to keep the underworld around

Oh yeah good point!  Unless it turns out to be powered by magic or something.

4 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Gotta be weird each time they dive back into Underworld how many centuries keep passing like this.

The only reason 200 years went by was because of the hijackers sabotaging the machine.  It's possible to have the time set to pass the same as the real world.  The only reason it was ever set higher was so that the world would keep developing and someone like Alice would appear, since the original purpose was to develop AIs to use for unmanned weaponry.

23 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The only reason 200 years went by was because of the hijackers sabotaging the machine.  It's possible to have the time set to pass the same as the real world.  The only reason it was ever set higher was so that the world would keep developing and someone like Alice would appear, since the original purpose was to develop AIs to use for unmanned weaponry.

Oh yeah.

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

For some odd reason Kirito is shown with his plain clothes in the book.  I think the shot of Kirito in his full swordsman duds for the anime was much better.

EiTihDZX0AQU-9R.png

EiSgJAHVgAIAzdP?format=jpg&name=large

I do prefer the anime's art style as well.

That insane moment when you realize anime artists can draw better than the author.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, elfie said:

You know upon completing this entry on MAL, I discovered this second half of the War of Underworld arc only had 11 episodes. So we only went through 11 episodes starting after the months-long break from the first half! Geez.

Yeah, but BOY, were they 11 packed episodes! Best of the series so far by far!

Episode 11 - Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld Part 2 - Anime News Network

The final episode gets 4 stars. It is quite strange that the anime left Alice's real-world body being mechanical strangely ambiguous, but it's the only thing that really makes sense, especially with how Alice head-butts Kirito and it's a head of steel (ouch)!

• Like 2

Damn, I didn't notice these replies until now.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:53 PM, elfie said:

You know upon completing this entry on MAL, I discovered this second half of the War of Underworld arc only had 11 episodes. So we only went through 11 episodes starting after the months-long break from the first half! Geez.

The only reason it got delayed was due to the director of photography having mental health issues.  It wasn't meant to be split.

On 2/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Hey, this WAS episode 96 overall!

25+24+24+23=96

(That math should have been easier to do! BTW, looks like Attack On Titan will have 75 total episodes!)

Lul I bet a lot of people didn't realize SAO was that long, did they? :P

On 2/7/2021 at 12:39 PM, elfie said:

That insane moment when you realize anime artists can draw better than the author.

Reki is just an author.  A mystery person going by "abec" does the art.  But yes, I prefer the anime designs and art style.

On 2/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, but BOY, were they 11 packed episodes! Best of the series so far by far!

Episode 11 - Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld Part 2 - Anime News Network

The final episode gets 4 stars. It is quite strange that the anime left Alice's real-world body being mechanical strangely ambiguous, but it's the only thing that really makes sense, especially with how Alice head-butts Kirito and it's a head of steel (ouch)!

I would have never predicted that Alice would have a realistic android body, since I thought the two robots on the Ocean Turtle were the peak of this world's technology.  I predicted maybe something like a "suit" and then inside the helmet is a hologram of Alice's head.  It would fit with the tech we have seen so far and still preserve some of Alice's cuteness.  I guess they didn't give those robots humanoid bodies because it wasn't deemed necessary?  So that means the only technical limitations for androids was AI and being able to stand up and walk properly?

And man, reading that review, a lot is really left out of the anime!  I should read the books sometime.  It's good to have it confirmed those girls in the spaceships are indeed the descendants of Tiese and Ronie.  And it's pretty cool they're called "dragoncraft."

Edited by ben0119