UnevenEdge

Super Mario 3D World+ Bowser's Fury(2/12/21)

CountFrylock

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

but since i have, im on the fence with most wii u ports. 

I really don't like how they stuck it to Wii U adopters because their own marketing failed. No backwards compatibility and they rerelease all the first party games with additional content at full price.

I do like how they are operating these days. The Wii and Wii U were the only Nintendo products I didn't buy, since the very beginning. Wii was a shit concept and Wii U was even worse. Of course, this is just my opinion. I started with Nintendo from the beginning. But the Wii was not something that interested me in the least. The Switch, however, restored my confidence. So, for those of us who missed the few good games from the Wii/Wii U, I am happy to be able to get them now, along with all the extra content. And first party Nintendo games are like Disney. They never go down in price. We have around 40 games for the Switch and probably 30 of those are first party games. All of them at $50-$60 a pop. I did download the Contra pack and the original Golf. I put in many hours on those games back in the 80's.

3 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I really don't like how they stuck it to Wii U adopters because their own marketing failed. No backwards compatibility and they rerelease all the first party games with additional content at full price.

i mean its kinda the smart thing to do. wii u sold very poorly so not many people got to experience its library. so makes sense for them to re-release the best games of the platform onto the switch. but yeah part of the reason i skip out on many switch titles is because i have already played them on the wii u. even when the wii u ports has meaningful additional content, like with mario 3d world, its hard for me to drop another $60 on it. 

40 minutes ago, resurrected said:

I do like how they are operating these days. The Wii and Wii U were the only Nintendo products I didn't buy, since the very beginning. Wii was a shit concept and Wii U was even worse. Of course, this is just my opinion. I started with Nintendo from the beginning. But the Wii was not something that interested me in the least. The Switch, however, restored my confidence. So, for those of us who missed the few good games from the Wii/Wii U, I am happy to be able to get them now, along with all the extra content. And first party Nintendo games are like Disney. They never go down in price. We have around 40 games for the Switch and probably 30 of those are first party games. All of them at $50-$60 a pop. I did download the Contra pack and the original Golf. I put in many hours on those games back in the 80's.

i was gonna say you missing out, wii u still has a few great games that havent been ported yet. tho the most popular stuff is already on the switch. wii has a ton of motion sensor gimmick crap but look a bit deeper there are some gems in there too. 

i just can't get into gaming on the switch. 

i -loved- the wii. especially after cracking it and doing the whole homebrew thing. i had a hard drive loaded with a ton of games, plus all the old s/nes roms. it was awesome. i didn't care if it wasn't up to par in terms of graphics, the experience was new and unique back in 2008 or 9 or whenever it blew up.

for me, the switch doesn't capture any of that fun-ness i got from playing the wii. not sure why.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Lots more ports announced today but none of them from Wii U. Skyward Sword, Ninja Gaiden 1-3(okay one of these was on Wii U, so almost none), Miitopia, Legend of Mana, Saga Frontier

I'll take Ninja Gaiden 1-3 so I can have a reason to get pissed off playing video games again.

I tried the first one on Switch NES Online, and it's still as hard as I remember it from back in the day.

4 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

i just can't get into gaming on the switch. 

i -loved- the wii. especially after cracking it and doing the whole homebrew thing. i had a hard drive loaded with a ton of games, plus all the old s/nes roms. it was awesome. i didn't care if it wasn't up to par in terms of graphics, the experience was new and unique back in 2008 or 9 or whenever it blew up.

for me, the switch doesn't capture any of that fun-ness i got from playing the wii. not sure why.

You're fired.

• Haha 1