UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War Of Underworld Episode 21 "Beyond Time" Discussion!!

Ok, so this how I have come to take this.  This has to be the AI copy of Kayaba trying to make up for the real one's sins, right?  The real Kayaba committed suicide, so this isn't him, literally.  Because of the intent is for Kayaba himself to be redeemed that is BULLSHIT.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Ok, so this how I have come to take this.  This has to be the AI copy of Kayaba trying to make up for the real one's sins, right?  The real Kayaba committed suicide, so this isn't him, literally.  Because of the intent is for Kayaba himself to be redeemed that is BULLSHIT.

Reki's goal in this arc was to literally bring back every character in some way.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

consistetly depicting them as Shady and evil this whole arc

Gabriel and Vassago, who are working on behalf of the NSA (a wholly ethical organization 9_9)  Though Reki was probably thinking of the CIA and got them confused.

And Egil probably emigrated from America, and isn't an asshole.

Edited by ben0119

1 minute ago, mochi said:

....I mean you aren't wrong

this show looks and sounds very nice.........it's just terrible aside from that

That scene of the bad baddie being dragged down into the liquid floor was simply stunning animation as was the rest of the animation from this season. 

But yeah story wise...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah they should have at least said something like that and they've even used him twice like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah they should have at least said something like that and they've even used him twice like this.

I have that as my head canon so I don't get pissed off haha.  I'm not sure what the intent is, or if it's meant to be ambiguous.  But either way, that is an AI copy of Kayaba.  It's not his "ghost" or fluctlight or anything, so it's not him.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 12:27 AM, AnimationFan14 said:

I am not sure the Grinch's heart would have grown three sizes from watching this 

Yeah, but Kirito's pecker probably will after getting yanked for 200 years by Asuna!

*OH!*

•  
  •  

Episode 9 - Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld Part 2 - Anime News Network

4 stars. Somehow I didn't notice Vassago had gotten back up somehow from the bed. I guess we'll be hearing his cool jazzy theme on Toonami one more time!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

• StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...