UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War Of Underworld Episode 21 "Beyond Time" Discussion!!

Well that was some mindfuck horror.

And this definitely confirms SAO is not hard sci-fi.  Though there were hints before.  Like the time Asuna broke the game to run across the whole map to save Kirito from that crazy Laughing Coffin guy that infiltrated their guild.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mochi said:

this is just an overdone version of the scene in Eva were Yui politely tells Gendo to go fuck himself in hell for torturing their son and wiping out all human life for no fucking reason

and when I say politely...I mean takes the form of the Eva and bites him in halfLost in the Movies: Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion, Part 3  of 3: discussion w/ Bob Clark on the film's characters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well that was some mindfuck horror.

And this definitely confirms SAO is not hard sci-fi.  Though there were hints before.  Like the time Asuna broke the game to run across the whole map to save Kirito from that crazy Laughing Coffin guy that infiltrated their guild.

Yeah lots of hints before lol.

And then there's the still ultra convenient Kirito's life points hitting zero lag lol.

• Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah lots of hints before lol.

And then there's the still ultra convenient Kirito's life points hitting zero lag lol.

So yeah, after that scene of Gabriel being dragged to Hell by Alicia's ghost, added along with the previous scene of Gabriel killing Alicia and SWALLOWING HER SOUL, made me believe the show is not hard sci-fi and has fantasy and supernatural elements.  And the ghosts of Yuuki, Eugeo, and others that appeared were literal ghosts, and not virtual or AI, or ghost in the machine like Ghost in the Shell.

• Like 2