UnevenEdge

Shounen Jump’s newest manga is a Deadpool manga

Jman

13 hours ago, elfie said:

Because

1. Disk Wars is aimed at kids so he can't do any mature or sexual jokes

2. Japan doesn't have the same curse words as we do.

He lampshades the first part, anyway.

His appearance in the kinda follow up Future Avengers runs with the same basic idea, that he really wants to be a big deal in Japan.

(For what it’s worth, despite its goofy as hell premise, Disk Wars was actually considered pretty good, not as good as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, but definitely better than Avengers Assemble).

Edited by Jman

7 hours ago, elfie said:

... I mean it's Marvel, and anime, and aimed at kids, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised places like Disney tried to license and translate it for American audiences.

what is surprising is the fact that you can hardly find any proof that the english dub existed at all

what happened to make this dub so elusive?

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Legal issues?

I think it's more likely that people just didn't bother putting it online due to lack of demand.  I can't imagine that a show like this aired on Disney XD at the height of Marvel popularity and someone didn't record it.  Someone out there has this, it's just a matter of time before it finds it's way online.

14 minutes ago, CaptainStarwind said:

I think it's more likely that people just didn't bother putting it online due to lack of demand.  I can't imagine that a show like this aired on Disney XD at the height of Marvel popularity and someone didn't record it.  Someone out there has this, it's just a matter of time before it finds it's way online.

IIRC it didn’t air in the US.  It was a Singaporean dub.

• 2 months later...

Update with good news - Despite not being legally available in the US yet, Deadpool Samurai is the most popular Marvel title of the year so far.  The Merc with a Mouth is doing bidness under the auspices of Shuiesha.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...