UnevenEdge

The Promised Marathon: Promised Neverland Season 1 Halloween Night Discussion!!!

OwlChemist81

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That is where the lullaby came from..

It is like when Norman was taken.

Oh so the mom at that time wasn't Grandma.  Or was it?  Well it was still creepy when she beckoned Isabella down from the wall. 

Now I don't know if this Grandma is the same lady or the mom from then became Grandma of now. 

Yeah I agree it feels to me like she's the same person but maybe she was the Mom back then for Isabella's generation and now she's the Grandma.

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I agree it feels to me like she's the same person but maybe she was the Mom back then for Isabella's generation and now she's the Grandma.

That's what I was thinking.  But we saw all of them only a few times briefly so it's hard to tell.  But I had thought that since we had that earlier scene of Grandma saying "that's how it was back then," and showed the flashback of Isabella being beckoned down, it made me think Grandma was Isabella's Mom then.  And then we see it again now from Isabella's end.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Are they all ultimately just former prisoners that are trying to get their freedom? Isabella and Krone that is.

Yeah, they both had flashbacks to being former kids in one of these places and then going through some kind of training.

And then there was Isabella seemingly already knowing Krone.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

That's what I was thinking.  But we saw all of them only a few times briefly so it's hard to tell.  But I had thought that since we had that earlier scene of Grandma saying "that's how it was back then," and showed the flashback of Isabella being beckoned down, it made me think Grandma was Isabella's Mom then.  And then we see it again now from Isabella's end.

Yeah.

Plus I thought her silhouette and hairstyle in that shot reminded me of her from the shadows when she was watching Krone die. Though I wasn't sure since it's been a couple of hours since we had that ep and that too was such a brief moment like you said.

• Like 2

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, they both had flashbacks to being former kids in one of these places and then going through some kind of training.

And then there was Isabella seemingly already knowing Krone.

Yeah I thought Isabella might have an ulterior motivation, but it looks like she is mainly just another victim. Seems like extreme stockholm syndrome or just brain washing. I'm dying to know what the larger outside premise is now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

Yeah I thought Isabella might have an ulterior motivation, but it looks like she is mainly just another victim. Seems like extreme stockholm syndrome or just brain washing. I'm dying to know what the larger outside premise is now.

Yeah maybe both with the way she switches.

Me too it's been a long wait and so many mysteries of what happened and what's out here.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Perhaps if Norman is still alive then so is this child who is now Isabella’s age

Krone knows of a society of people of sorts outside of the plant and sister/mom/grandma system.  Namely, a man who dropped a pen at that modern looking facility she was at, which is the pen she had kept and then gave to Norman.  There are people who make the clothes, provide food, etc.  All very mysterious.  Maybe it is simply that these people are who support the plant system, and the demons can't be assed to do that sort of work lol.

So yes for whatever reason maybe both of them are still alive and it has something to do with this other society of people.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 3

Which ends were they cut from?

Lemme check

Emma and the others cut it from their end first to finalize their escape and then while they were blowing in the wind still attached to the trees on Isabella's side she pulled them back in and wrapped them around her arm.

So I guess it could be either one, she took it down for self preservation to cover herself or she did so that the demons wouldn't know exactly where they crossed.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Lemme check

Emma and the others cut it from their end first to finalize their escape and then while they were blowing in the wind still attached to the trees on Isabella's side she pulled them back in and wrapped them around her arm.

So I guess it could be either one, she took it down for self preservation to cover herself or she did so that the demons wouldn't know exactly where they crossed.

Aaah I see.  I didn't catch that part with Isabella doing that.  Interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Neverland+%25282%2529.jpg

Oh hey that red haired kid is in here on the top right despite barely appearing this season.

More reddish brown or auburn. :P Emma's hair is red, maybe more light red or strawberry blonde.  Either way, it fits her fiery personality, heh.

Anyway, him, and the blonde girl with braids (bottom left) both had attention called to them for doing things to help in the escape plan.  I think they used some of the girl's hair to help simulate the smell of a burning human, along with that meat.  Don't remember what they said that boy did.  But, because of this and their kind of stand-out-ish designs, makes me think they might play a bigger role in the next season.

• Like 1

More reddish brown or auburn. :P Emma's hair is red, maybe more light red or strawberry blonde.  Either way, it fits her fiery personality, heh.

Anyway, him, and the blonde girl with braids (bottom left) both had attention called to them for doing things to help in the escape plan.  I think they used some of the girl's hair to help simulate the smell of a burning human, along with that meat.  Don't remember what they said that boy did.  But, because of this and their kind of stand-out-ish designs, makes me think they might play a bigger role in the next season.

Oh damn, yeah those were her braids weren't they.

Yeah I guess they'll be like "new additions" going forward to add to the group now that we're out and we're down Norman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I was thinking about hopefully how quickly S2 might get onto Toonami once it returns this January.

Oh, I hope so too.  I didn't pay attention to the first season's turnaround so I didn't realize it was that quick.  If that was quick and it's similar to the SAO seasons then yeah maybe we won't have to wait too long, which would be great.

• Like 1