UnevenEdge

This is embarrassing to post here.

PhilosipherStoned

but I think I have a hernia. Infact I'm almost sure at this point that's what it is...and it feels like...wtf probably best not to describe the feeling? Thing is at this point if I'm correct in my self diagnosis the pain is minumum to none as long I'm chillin, but I couldn't even make it back from a trip to the grocery store without a 40+ pound bag of dry cat food making me have to double over and lay down flat in my truck to ease the pain. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to take care of this with a little bit of foresight.

The VA should have me covered, but I hate the VA, and the way they make shit look all promising. I'm enrolled and by everything I've looked up I should be covered for this, but I'm not driving to the nearest VA center 50 miles away to get this dealt with, and the last emergency room visit I had got me billed for more than a grand just for a numb numb shot and a few stitches when I had both the VA, and healthcare from a state service job.. Ya I got fucked I know.. :| 

• Sad 1

I know it's probably a pain in the ass, but if it's covered, I'd still go to the VA if you could afford to do so.

GRANTED, even the VA here is said to suck balls. So if you don't like the quality of care they provide, I understand.

Edited by Gyaos

1 minute ago, Gyaos said:

I know it's probably a pain in the ass, but if it's covered, I'd still go to the VA if you could afford to do so.

See the VA is supposed to cover me for walk ins to local health facilities as well so I want to schedule a local appointment. I had a family member offer to take me to the emergency room earlier, but after being billed so much for just a simple stitch job in an emergency room.. I think I was told over the phone that the insane bill I got was for an outside doctor to come in and stitch it up at late hours though, and due to bla bla bla that's not covered.. I wasn't even told that beforehand either.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

See the VA is supposed to cover me for walk ins to local health facilities as well so I want to schedule a local appointment. I had a family member offer to take me to the emergency room earlier, but after being billed so much for just a simple stitch job in an emergency room.. I think I was told over the phone that the insane bill I got was for an outside doctor to come in and stitch it up at late hours though, and due to bla bla bla that's not covered.. I wasn't even told that beforehand either.. 

Okay, so it is due to the VA sucking balls. I understand why you're hesitant in that case.

• Like 1

I should be able to figure out a plan for all that anyway it's just fustrating. What I want to ask is.. If there's any older male members here that have dealt with an inguinal hernia before. This shit is a new as fuck experience for me, but I know it's a fairly common thing to happen in sports, and jobs involving heavy lifting.

2 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

Okay, so it is due to the VA sucking balls. I understand why you're hesitant in that case.

To be fair the weird inurance guy that flagged me down at that emergency room couldn't even fuckin' do my va card or something.. I had a lip that was pretty busted open and I think it weirded him out..nvm tmi.. I used the State med insurance I was even newer to if adrenaline filled memories serve me correctly.. They werent much better. 

Has anyone here ever been diagnosed with a type of hernia before then? I'd be lying if I said I had any idea about hernias before suspecting that's what's going on right now. I mean with the military, and actually working a lot of high impact jobs I've met dudes that've had them diagnosed and treated, but usually they had the shit happen on the job heavy lifting or something simular. For me this happened pretty much AFTER work on one of the lowest impact days I've ever had at work. That's when I first started feeling weird anyway.

I have all the symptons though... Including those down below hint.. Only it's just now starting or pretty mild for one? I had the day off, but couldn't manage to get around early enough to schedule an appointment. I mean that is my fault.. but that's kind of one of the things with this.. When you're lying down, and for a while after it feels like you're good as new or even cured.. It doesn't really take much to end up back in significant pain though. Pretty sure what I'm experiencing is mild like just the start of one..

It still sucks, and I can't lie I'm kind of terrified atm.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned