UnevenEdge

Polygon Pictures is doing the Pacific Rim Black anime, Pacific Rim is now dead

Jman

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Of all the new Netflix anime announcements, I'm most excited for this one. You can probably guess why.

invasion1.jpg

Also B: The Beginning 2.

Meh. I really liked the manga in the beginning, for the first 70-100 chapters or so (don't remember the exact moment when things changed) back when it felt like a horror/thriller/survival series, but I fucking hate what they did to it after that point, turning it into the most generic battle shonen series ever, things getting more and more convoluted.

The Way of the Househusband was probably the most exciting show they ended up acquiring. 

Neat to see that they’re doing new Rilakkuma material. The one season they did was amusing because of how much the bear was treated like shit by his owner.

Considering how little JoJo is on Netflix, Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan was an odd choice. Wonder if it’ll stay sub-only or if Vic will be back with his discount Vincent Price voice. 

7 minutes ago, Jiro_Dreams said:

Considering how little JoJo is on Netflix, Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan was an odd choice. Wonder if it’ll stay sub-only or if Vic will be back with his discount Vincent Price voice. 

Considering many of Vic's previous roles on the LA (meaning Los Angeles) circuit have already been replaced, I'm guessing they're gonna go for a soundalike. I'm guessing either Xander Mobus or Landon McDonald, the both of them are capable of very convincing Vic impressions.

It does feel like every 10 years or so we get a bunch of "Western properties randomly made anime" but at least Pacific Rim makes more sense than most.  Until Polgyon got involved anyway.  Not like 2006 where we got a Highlander anime that was still the best thing the franchise had done in decades before or since.   The fad of sorts tends to burn out rather quickly, and Pacific Rim appears to be no different thanks to Polygon.

Just as long as Netflix doesn't make a Quantum Leap anime, we'll be fine.

Edited by Jman

59 minutes ago, Jman said:

It does feel like every 10 years or so we get a bunch of "Western properties randomly made anime" but at least Pacific Rim makes more sense than most.  Until Polgyon got involved anyway.  Not like 2006 where we got a Highlander anime that was still the best thing the franchise had done in decades before or since.   The fad of sorts tends to burn out rather quickly, and Pacific Rim appears to be no different thanks to Polygon.

Just as long as Netflix doesn't make a Quantum Leap anime, we'll be fine.

Nah, they'll be doing a Highway To Heaven anime first.

7 hours ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

Meh. I really liked the manga in the beginning, for the first 70-100 chapters or so (don't remember the exact moment when things changed) back when it felt like a horror/thriller/survival series, but I fucking hate what they did to it after that point, turning it into the most generic battle shonen series ever, things getting more and more convoluted.

I've actually commented on this before, that the downfall of many anime/manga is that Japanese authors in particular seem to feel the need to continually top themselves.

So you often have a very strong season 1 followed by an absolute convoluted mess until it escalates to the point where you either fight god or become god.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daos said:

I've actually commented on this before, that the downfall of many anime/manga is that Japanese authors in particular seem to feel the need to continually top themselves.

So you often have a very strong season 1 followed by an absolute convoluted mess until it escalates to the point where you either fight god or become god.

When it comes to this series I got into the manga a couple of years ago. I usually stir clear of edgy death game series or series where they just use people getting killed for shock value instead of putting more thought into the writing, but this series really hooked me back then.

Being intentionally vague to some degree for those that haven't read the manga. I liked the style of the series and that it didn't feel like another dime a dozen death game series which it seems to be flooding the market. It felt similar to how a horror/survival video game would feel. I didn't mind the action and thought it worked out, then there's a point where the main character girl received a thing that makes her a thing which makes her stronger, and from there it gravitates more to battles and then every other chapter someone gets a power up which requires another character having to get a power up, the conclusion with the bad guy is very anti-climatic as they full on go to generic shonen battle anime territory.

It does have a sequel manga that I question as to whether or not it was discontinued because of how boring it was and how much it spit in the face of the first series, while the events that are going on are even more vague than how I'm typing right now.

On 10/27/2020 at 4:53 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Nah, they'll be doing a Highway To Heaven anime first.

Or...

I’d take the Quantum Leap anime, mostly on account of Scott Bakula still being alive.

Where was I?  Right, Polygon sucks.

Edited by Jman