UnevenEdge

Toonami Line Up Update (11/07/2020) Sword Art Online: Alicization (12:30am) & Fire Force Season 2 (1:00am)

Bust out your planners – Toonami’s got some announcements to make! On November 7th, Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld returns to the block at 12:30a. Followed by the season two premiere of Fire Force at 1:00a. Followed by another premiere for Gemusetto: Death Beats at 2:00a. Check out the full lineup below and prepare yourself for Toonami, every Saturday night from midnight to 3:30a!

Toonami Lineup 11/7:
12:00a – Dragon Ball Super
12:30a – Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 
1:00a – Fire Force S2
1:30a – Assassination Classroom
2:00a – Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) / Gemusetto: Death Beat(s)
2:30a – Naruto: Shippuden
3:00a – Demon Slayer

2ACEA299-3A70-4878-B2AE-ACC9868E46EB.thumb.jpeg.0cc8687eac51c0c47c9ea40ceb5cb9f5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Okay several things:

with Jojo ending, it's natural they would place something else in that timeslot. I didn't think it was SAO with new episodes, because Toonami never told us they got it in the FIRST place. It took a keen eye to spot all the footage they included in their promos to figure it out for ourselves. Thanks for being so helpful. Which is more than I can say for Toonami.

Fire Force is not only returning to earlier in the block, but these are now THE SECOND SEASON'S episodes, which is a treat.

I hate this GoogleyMoogley or whatever the FUCK awful stupid fuck mess they're airing in place of Black Clover, but it's also an important thing to note that Black Clover is no longer on the block. Most likely because the pandemic's new dub schedule has gotten the best of the production crew and Toonami is buying them time to make more dubbed episodes.

It seems like they were saving a ton of fresh news for this one announcement all in one go.

Edited by elfie

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Okay several things:

with Jojo ending, it's natural they would place something else in that timeslot. I didn't think it was SAO with new episodes, because Toonami never told us they got it in the FIRST place. It took a keen eye to spot all the footage they included in their promos to figure it out for ourselves. Thanks for being so helpful. Which is more than I can say for Toonami.

Fire Force is not only returning to earlier in the block, but these are now THE SECOND SEASON'S episodes, which is a treat.

I hate this GoogleyMoogley or whatever the FUCK awful stupid fuck mess they're airing in place of Black Clover, but it's also an important thing to note that Black Clover is no longer on the block. Most likely because the pandemic's new dub schedule has gotten the best of the production crew and Toonami is buying them time to make more dubbed episodes.

It seems like they were saving a ton of fresh news for this one announcement all in one go.

They're airing Ass Class in place of Black Clover! That's not a bad show at all! It's Fire Force Season 1 that gets replaced by Googley Moogley Pichu: Death Beats!

Seriously, this was pretty much inevitable. Black Clover will be better off after going on a 2-month hiatus.

And of course, after being loaded with reruns for the past 4-5 months, Toonami will FINALLY feel mostly NEW again, with 5 out of its 7 shows premieres!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

It's just a darn shame they aren't willing to slap DBS on the back or take it off entirely. This is a nicely stacked line-up IMO but it'd be even better if a premiere lead the block. After months of just getting by, it's nice to see Toonami finish strong as we approach 2021.

SAO should finish up in time for a relatively timely airing of the next batch of Attack on Titan.

Black Clover fans will probably bemoan that the show will return to 2AM (barring something else moving down) once Gemusetto finishes in early January but it's wise of Toonami to give BC a break right now.

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Toonami has used footage from SAOAWOU2 in their promos already??

I think Elfie mixed SAO WoU with Fire Force season 2 footage. We haven't seen SAO footage in months. They used FF season 2 footage close to a month ago at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

They're airing Ass Class in place of Black Clover! That's not a bad show at all! It's Fire Force Season 1 that gets replaced by Googley Moogley Pichu: Death Beats!

Seriously, this was pretty much inevitable. Black Clover will be better off after going on a 2-month hiatus.

And of course, after being loaded with reruns for the past 4-5 months, Toonami will FINALLY feel mostly NEW again, with 5 out of its 7 shows premieres!

This is the first time since before the pandemic that we're getting these many new shows at the same time!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

No offense to Max but Gemusetto should be at the ass-end of the schedule. Even with Demon Slayer being re-runs currently, it still should have a higher priority on the schedule than an in-house comedy parody. 

Nah, it shouldn't be behind Demon Slayer reruns. And it's only gonna be on for 7 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Nah, it shouldn't be behind Demon Slayer reruns. And it's only gonna be on for 7 weeks.

I freely admit that I just don't like what feels like a split in the general Toonami schedule for an in-house comedy program even if it's temporary and mainly as a placeholder for a future program that fits the schedule better. I already fall asleep by Shippuden as it is. 

I'm still sore over premiers getting pitched to the graveyard slots in favor of comedy reheats and that was how long ago? :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sketch said:

It's just a darn shame they aren't willing to slap DBS on the back or take it off entirely. This is a nicely stacked line-up IMO but it'd be even better if a premiere lead the block. After months of just getting by, it's nice to see Toonami finish strong as we approach 2021.

SAO should finish up in time for a relatively timely airing of the next batch of Attack on Titan.

Black Clover fans will probably bemoan that the show will return to 2AM (barring something else moving down) once Gemusetto finishes in early January but it's wise of Toonami to give BC a break right now.

Toonami's facebook page makes no mention of black clover taking a break which is suspicious....as to not say anything at all about black clover would lead some to believe this is another one piece/boruto scenario

there's nothing to gain from saying nothing if it's a temporary removal

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Toonami's facebook page makes no mention of black clover taking a break which is suspicious....as to not say anything at all about black clover would lead some to believe this is another one piece/boruto scenario

there's nothing to gain from saying nothing if it's a temporary removal

They probably just forgot. They forget a lot of things. 😅

12 minutes ago, Sketch said:

They probably just forgot. They forget a lot of things. 😅

if they don't clarify later and leave it as is....then they didn't forget

black clover's been on the block for nearly three years  

removing it for an extended period of time without saying anything will draw some negative attention from fans

if they say nothing about it....how can we be so sure it'll even return to the block?

then again after what happened regarding boruto I'm not so sure them saying "black clover's taking a break but it will return!" would make fans happy

so no matter what demarco says it means nothing until we actually see it's return

that's what sucks as a black clover fan

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I believe Black Clover is acquired in seasons of 50 or so episodes. 136 is a ways off from 150. They won’t leave those episodes unaired if that is the case.

We'll have to see...nothing's happening as it should due to the pandemic

until it's return is announced  it's not guaranteed

they didn't avoid talking about MHA when it was having issues during the last half of S4

and they didn't avoid talking about golden wind when it needed to take a break

so the fact they avoid mentioning black clover now is really strange

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

if they don't clarify later and leave it as is....then they didn't forget

black clover's been on the block for nearly three years  

removing it for an extended period of time without saying anything will draw some negative attention from fans

if they say nothing about it....how can we be so sure it'll even return to the block?

then again after what happened regarding boruto I'm not so sure them saying "black clover's taking a break but it will return!" would make fans happy

so no matter what demarco says it means nothing until we actually see it's return

that's what sucks as a black clover fan

When Boruto left the block, they at least had the courtesy to tell us clear and direct about it.

Well, there is one distinguishing characteristic between Boruto and Black Clover: Bo already had tons of dubbed episodes. There was no need for it to go on hiatus based on that. Black Clover, on the other hand, has been literally touch-and-go for 3 months now. So I really don't think BC's situation is anything like Bo's, and if you think otherwise, you probably just have your head up your butt!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, there is one distinguishing characteristic between Boruto and Black Clover: Bo already had tons of dubbed episodes. There was no need for it to go on hiatus based on that. Black Clover, on the other hand, has been literally touch-and-go for 3 months now. So I really don't think BC's situation is anything like Bo's, and if you think otherwise, you probably just have your head up your butt!

doesn't matter if the situation is different...for them to not say anything about black clover is bizarre no matter how you look at it

just say "black clover's taking a break for now but don't worry it will return!"   how hard is that?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Apparently pretty hard, since it took only now for them to say that Fire Force S2 was being postponed from its originally announced start date.

and now it's gonna be completely overshadowed by the presence of sword art online...

I'm not really expecting much of a toonami promo for that reason....

On 10/22/2020 at 2:31 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Yup, they pretty much caught up and it's been kinda close with how we'd notice that eps would more or less come out on some Sundays after Toonami would kinda catch up a bit.

Also, I think BC well up in the ratings list, it's not going anywhere.

They'll probably need to do a new lineup promo with all these time changes once Jojo finishes so maybe that's when they'll finally say it on air lol. 

• Like 1