UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 126 Discussion

9 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Neat!

I don't understand.  Does he mean he worked on Black Clover itself, or one of the convention things airing during it?  I never heard of a non-Japanese person working on anime.  Unless the Twitter handle isn't his real name.  But he says he grew up on Toonami, though.  Did he move to Japan and joined the anime industry?

I mean it really sounds like he worked on the actual anime...

To quote Beavis - Well, I'll be damned...

Edited by ben0119

I saw that, and also another one that says he isn't the only foreign animator.  Has this been going on for a while, or is Japan desperate for manpower due to covid?

His Twitter page says his location is Indiana.  If that's actually true, and he didn't put that to hide his true location or just put it as his home state, that implies he did the work from home, and sent it to Japan, which implies the covid factor.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

Don't think it has anything to do with covid since Vinland 15 would have been last year.

Not sure how common it is. Found this old answerman that mentioned a few and also of course some Korean animators. Looks like he mentions that actual anime development though is quite rare and only gave one example.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-05-25/.102455

The main one I'm aware of just because he's pretty big that's been around for a while is Thomas Romain often coming up for art design in Satelight's shows (and stuff like Space Dandy), I think after he established himself in European animation like Code Lyoko and Oban Star-Racers. He probably got big enough through those and his couple of anime art contributions to work his way upto design and art director level.

But they've also been getting more foreign music composers too.

Edited by DangerMouse