UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters Episode 107 Discussion

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well comcast shut off our internet "by mistake" to extort more money out of us so we're gonna be homeless again

so happy last night I ever get to watch Toonami with you guys

Shit.  That sucks.  :(  :'(

I hope everything works out.  Maybe it won't happen.

OK. Was hard to tell since you were asking if it's going to bump Kai. Since it was also announced at the same time that the eps would be only 5 minutes each. So I assumed you hadn't heard of it.

Only 5 minutes?  Ok then.  So it will be like Intruder.  No problems then.

no but since comcast forced us to pay an additional 200$ we're not 200$ short of our rent

I'm glad I live in an area where it's not Comcast-exclusive.

Have you guys ever thought of donating plasma?  You can make $50 a week per person doing it.  Yeah, needles suck but it's extra money.

They what? Wow. Aren't there other providers by you?

:(

Not even sure how that's legal unless they were behind on payments.  But legality has never been a problem for Comcast.  The Internet is riddled with stories of the shady shit they pull all the time.

Ironic, considering Funimation and most of their actors record in Texas.

Heh. Yeah.

I mean it kind of fit that they had her really dive into it for that character tho.

But yeah, she's been one of my favs for ages, since like Black Cat.

Also her Panty from Panty & Stocking is perfection.

Verizon is like that too.  They recently rolled out a new modem and everyone had to basically pay extra in their bill to keep it going.

COMCAST DID THE SAME THING!

we had a cheaper package but then they forced us to upgrade to X1

I'm glad I live in an area where it's not Comcast-exclusive.

Have you guys ever thought of donating plasma?  You can make $50 a week per person doing it.  Yeah, needles suck but it's extra money.

I'm not afraid of needles so maybe

(when I was little I had blood drawn and I just sat happily watching while the nurse put the needle in me and the blood came out)

I'm not afraid of needles so maybe

(when I was little I had blood drawn and I just sat happily watching while the nurse put the needle in me and the blood came out)

Just imagine that Goku and Vegeta felt worse pain during the series.  And it only hurts (somewhat, and if it's someone who's skilled it might not hurt at all) when they put it in.  Then you sit there reading magazines or playing with your phone for an hour.

Feels like they condensed about 5 episodes into one, Kai is moving at a fairly brisk pace.

Not that that's a bad thing! This was a fun little episode, despite being hilariously condensed!

I do wish that Toei weren't so much sticklers for preservation of Japanese names. It would have been utterly hilarious if the Kansai hick woman's sons were called "Jethro" and "Bubba" instead of their Japanese names. That part almost didn't make such sense.

Also, in this Monday afternoon rewatch, I do believe this is the first time I've ever actually eaten KFC while watching DBZ KFC!

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember there was like... 5 episodes where they're just flying to where BUU is. Original BUU saga was padded as hell.

and then like 10 eps of them fighting through a massive underground base where Buu is supposed to be hidden

Not to burst your bubble, but this only took 1.5 episodes in the original.

Was sorely missing the track that played over Goten and Trunks fighting tho:

as much as I prefer the Faulconer soundtrack

don't you think that theme is a bit Heavy for two small children fighting?

Considering they have / had the potential to become the strongest fighters in the universe at that point, why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR0vNsXqyto

seeing it in action it makes more sense (I missed it last night cause Comcast shut off our cable for a half hour shits 'n giggles and I only retained all the events Vegeta goes through in this arc)

unrelated here's a figurine of Mr. Statan giving

Buu

a bubbly Sponge Bath

tumblr_inline_om8gomMxsA1qh2f8a_540.png

My only problem with Kai is the soundtrack is pretty awful.

No cell theme, no SS3 theme.. all the buu themes... these were all gold.

Kai actually had a good soundtrack but the entire thing was sacked due to copyright problems.

My only problem with Kai is the soundtrack is pretty awful.

No cell theme, no SS3 theme.. all the buu themes... these were all gold.

Kai actually had a good soundtrack but the entire thing was sacked due to copyright problems.

Those were really the only good Falcner tracks. The rest was overbearing tripe.

Nostalgia really does cloud a lot of DBZ's (dub and original) downfalls.