UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 124 Discussion

Black Clover Might Feel Cliché, but It’s Still a Fun Ride

Page 124: "Nero Reminisces, Part 2"

Let's all gather round and hear (and see) the other half of Secre's tale in this incredible show that's just too damn good to be on at 1:30 AM tomorrow night (7/11/20)--but it is!!!

ONLY TOONAMI!!

OP: "Black Catcher (Version 3)" by Vickeblanka

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:)

Raon Lee has done a cover of Black Catcher.  And I found out that Studio Yuraki, who did that great cover of Black Catcher, also did a cover of Black Rover!  That guy's voice is a perfect match for the Japanese singer's!

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Raon Lee has done a cover of Black Catcher.  And I found out that Studio Yuraki, who did that great cover of Black Catcher, also did a cover of Black Rover!  That guy's voice is a perfect match for the Japanese singer's!

I love Studio Yuraki too

• Thanks 1

Me @ Funimation: cool we know you're dubbing in a pandemic, we're in the same boat, now don't use that alert as another excuse to sit on one episode for 2 months refusing to dub it for reasons you never explain or disclose >_>

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

I'm assuming this is another recap ep based on the title T_T

I think some of this recap is needed.  Hell, I almost forgot a lot of this.  I think there may be some reason behind showing us Asta and Yuno's origins again...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mochi said:

Me @ Funimation: cool we know you're dubbing in a pandemic, we're in the same boat, now don't use that alert as another excuse to sit on one episode for 2 months refusing to dub it for reasons you never explain or disclose >_>

What are you blathering about?

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I think some of this recap is needed.  Hell, I almost forgot a lot of this.  I think there may be some reason behind showing us Asta and Yuno's origins again...

Yeah, their origin was a good thing to recap

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

in a way....it might be excusable for them to recap this...since this show grew into itself and changed quite drastically from what it was in season 1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

What are you blathering about?

the My Hero Academia Delay

while MHA was postponed all of Funi's other dubs went on un-hindered...making it look like the MHA delay was exaggerated or that there was some other reason for the delay than just Covid....but a greater reason was never given

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

like the clone bodies thing was jut a minor plot point even though it would have answered all their problems and reintroduced the elf species to the world....

yeah....if Patry and those other 3 can still be elves....why the hell couldn't they just clone bodies for ALL the elves?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

while MHA was postponed all of Funi's other dubs went on un-hindered...making it look like the MHA delay was exaggerated or that there was some other reason for the delay than just Covid....but a greater reason was never given

They are under no obligation to give a reason.  Just be happy you got anything dubbed at all.

Just now, mochi said:

No the other shows were dubbed way ahead. This recap episode was dubbed all the way back in march. Black Clover was just far ahead of the Toonami airing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

Nah. All of the new dub production stopped around the same time if you were following on Funimation Now including all the new shows they'd just started, for example they only finished the first ep of Listeners. Some shows were just further ahead of each other due to how they were airing in Japan.

• Like 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

dude came out of fuking nowhere. boo

No.  If you go all the way back to the first time we see "THREATENED BY A RUTHLESS DEMON," you can see the demon looks like Licht.  It was obvious Lemiure never betrayed them, became evident early into the first appearance of the real Licht that he didn't want any of this.  Fana went psychotic with that evil third eye power, forbidden magic, etc.  Then the possessed elves became full of malice and mindless hate.  Sounds almost like being possessed, by, well, the Devil.  It was clear nothing was as it seemed, and that there was a puppetmaster somewhere.  Also, there was literally a Devil in the first episode.  The demon skull, Wizard King statue, and Nero were all there from the beginning, too.  The clues were there all along, if you know where to look.  Of course, much more obvious in hindsight. :)