Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
OwlChemist81

Black Clover Page 124 Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Black Clover Might Feel Cliché, but It’s Still a Fun Ride

Page 124: "Nero Reminisces, Part 2"

Let's all gather round and hear (and see) the other half of Secre's tale in this incredible show that's just too damn good to be on at 1:30 AM tomorrow night (7/11/20)--but it is!!!

ONLY TOONAMI!!

OP: "Black Catcher (Version 3)" by Vickeblanka

 

 

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

:)

Raon Lee has done a cover of Black Catcher.  And I found out that Studio Yuraki, who did that great cover of Black Catcher, also did a cover of Black Rover!  That guy's voice is a perfect match for the Japanese singer's!

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming this is another recap ep based on the title T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

 

Raon Lee has done a cover of Black Catcher.  And I found out that Studio Yuraki, who did that great cover of Black Catcher, also did a cover of Black Rover!  That guy's voice is a perfect match for the Japanese singer's!

I love Studio Yuraki too

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me @ Funimation: cool we know you're dubbing in a pandemic, we're in the same boat, now don't use that alert as another excuse to sit on one episode for 2 months refusing to dub it for reasons you never explain or disclose >_>

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DangerMouse said:

Secre's recap of the elf war continues

Recap > nightcap 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mochi said:

I'm assuming this is another recap ep based on the title T_T

I think some of this recap is needed.  Hell, I almost forgot a lot of this.  I think there may be some reason behind showing us Asta and Yuno's origins again...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mochi said:

Me @ Funimation: cool we know you're dubbing in a pandemic, we're in the same boat, now don't use that alert as another excuse to sit on one episode for 2 months refusing to dub it for reasons you never explain or disclose >_>

What are you blathering about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I think some of this recap is needed.  Hell, I almost forgot a lot of this.  I think there may be some reason behind showing us Asta and Yuno's origins again...

Yeah, their origin was a good thing to recap

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ben0119 said:

I think some of this recap is needed.  Hell, I almost forgot a lot of this.  I think there may be some reason behind showing us Asta and Yuno's origins again...

in a way....it might be excusable for them to recap this...since this show grew into itself and changed quite drastically from what it was in season 1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like the clone bodies thing was jut a minor plot point even though it would have answered all their problems and reintroduced the elf species to the world....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

What are you blathering about?

no idea, I posted that email I had in the MHA thread a couple weeks ago. It's taken them a while to figure junk out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

What are you blathering about?

the My Hero Academia Delay

while MHA was postponed all of Funi's other dubs went on un-hindered...making it look like the MHA delay was exaggerated or that there was some other reason for the delay than just Covid....but a greater reason was never given

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

like the clone bodies thing was jut a minor plot point even though it would have answered all their problems and reintroduced the elf species to the world....

yeah....if Patry and those other 3 can still be elves....why the hell couldn't they just clone bodies for ALL the elves?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mochi said:

the My Hero Academia Delay

while MHA was postponed all of Funi's other dubs went on un-hindered...making it look like the MHA delay was exaggerated or that there was some other reason for the delay than just Covid....but a greater reason was never given

They are under no obligation to give a reason.  Just be happy you got anything dubbed at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mochi said:

the My Hero Academia Delay

while MHA was postponed all of Funi's other dubs went on un-hindered...making it look like the MHA delay was exaggerated or that there was some other reason for the delay than just Covid....but a greater reason was never given

No the other shows were dubbed way ahead. This recap episode was dubbed all the way back in march. Black Clover was just far ahead of the Toonami airing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

is Marie going to eventually become a Black Bull?

Too young.  They don't get grimoires until they turn 15, right?  There would have to be one hell of a time skip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah when we lost Fugeoleon for a while

I just realized the other day Fuegoleon has lion/leon his name, too, just like Mereoleona, heh.

814b89d9658aff5de58805184acb5d72850dd419

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mochi said:

the My Hero Academia Delay

while MHA was postponed all of Funi's other dubs went on un-hindered...making it look like the MHA delay was exaggerated or that there was some other reason for the delay than just Covid....but a greater reason was never given

Nah. All of the new dub production stopped around the same time if you were following on Funimation Now including all the new shows they'd just started, for example they only finished the first ep of Listeners. Some shows were just further ahead of each other due to how they were airing in Japan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I just realized the other day Fuegoleon has lion/leon his name, too, just like Mereoleona, heh.

814b89d9658aff5de58805184acb5d72850dd419

Good stuff and very fitting hehe, glad they showed her again right there

D9cus11XoAAPlKh.jpg

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

dude came out of fuking nowhere. boo

Hmm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

dude came out of fuking nowhere. boo

No.  If you go all the way back to the first time we see "THREATENED BY A RUTHLESS DEMON," you can see the demon looks like Licht.  It was obvious Lemiure never betrayed them, became evident early into the first appearance of the real Licht that he didn't want any of this.  Fana went psychotic with that evil third eye power, forbidden magic, etc.  Then the possessed elves became full of malice and mindless hate.  Sounds almost like being possessed, by, well, the Devil.  It was clear nothing was as it seemed, and that there was a puppetmaster somewhere.  Also, there was literally a Devil in the first episode.  The demon skull, Wizard King statue, and Nero were all there from the beginning, too.  The clues were there all along, if you know where to look.  Of course, much more obvious in hindsight. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mochi said:

in a way....it might be excusable for them to recap this...since this show grew into itself and changed quite drastically from what it was in season 1

tenor.gif?itemid=16888096

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized Secre is Midna

Fraxxx on Twitter: "❤️👍… "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmm?

i feel like this devil villain came with absolutely no foreshadowing, which was annoying. it's not enough to say "devil" once a season in a wholly unrelated context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...