UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 123 Discussion

Black Clover Might Feel Cliché, but It’s Still a Fun Ride

Page 123: Nero Reminisces, Part 1

Oh come on, why not just call her "Secre!?"

She spins a yarn tonight (6/27-6/28/20) at 1:30 AM!

ONLY TOONAMI!!

OP: "Black Catcher" (Version 2) by Vickeblanka

ED: "New Page" by Intersection

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 3

I just re-watched 119-122.

A few things I noticed/confirmed.

Yuno did in fact lose the elf markings and ears.  He doesn't have the spirit of Licht and Tetya's unborn son in him anymore.  It is easy to miss since Yuno is only shown I think once when he loses the elf looks, and once more looking normal.  I don't know if he lost any of the upgrades from the elf powers or not.  I do think it's odd Yuno didn't show up to help Asta at the trial, or even shown with the other Golden Dawn members hearing about the trial.

I saw no indication that Julius set up the trial.  Only that he knew it was inevitable, and set things up to get Asta out of it.  Also, the braclet is only a tracker and not a killswitch of any kind.

Edited by ben0119
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So is this a recap episode, or are we seeing stuff about the past we didn't know before?

a two part recap episode would really suck....

on another note.....I'm Still trying to decide if continuing to watch toonami for black clover alone would be a good idea

I thought it might be something further about her past but looking up info carefully so as to try to avoid potential spoilers I think it's a two-part recap of her background with the Wizard King and the war we just finished. 

I do think we get the debut of the new visuals for the OP tonight that I mentioned two weeks ago, while keeping the same song.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Secre has made it, the OP is now in full color!

Hey, we got new visuals like you said!

I did think it was odd to start a new OP right at the end of an arc with final battle visuals that soon wouldn't be relevant to the episodes' content.  So they changed visuals now that its over with haha.  And didn't show the Devil in the OP before he was shown, so we didn't get spoilers from the OP.  So basically we had a special version of an OP just for a few episodes of a final battle.  I can't think of another case like this, haha.

• Like 1

Did we already see this flashback before?  When did we know Licht had sword magic and not light magic?  The real Licht, Patry as Licht had light magic, but we didn't know he was Patry then.

And Tetya has wind magic.  Hmmm.

So did Secre's eyes change because of the forbidden spell, or being alive for 500 years?

The eye color looks duller, and she has lines under her eyes like she hasn't slept in weeks!

But then the ED used a weird character design with Secre being pale and looking younger, doesn't look like either version of her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That's right.  We still don't know where Asta and Yuno came from, or the fact they were dropped off together.

Yeah, it's good that they showed that scene again, I didn't remember it in detail

Edited by DangerMouse

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So did Secre's eyes change because of the forbidden spell, or being alive for 500 years?

The eye color looks duller, and she has lines under her eyes like she hasn't slept in weeks!

But then the ED used a weird character design with Secre being pale and looking younger, doesn't look like either version of her.

Not sure either.

When she used that forbidden magic to seal that devil I know she got the horns but not sure about the eyes, and then the bird form is from using the forbidden magic again on the prince.

Edited by DangerMouse

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

We caught up quite a bit, probably gonna get an action filler arc next season

Black-Clover-Manga-Volume-23-Cover-Art.j

Black Clover avoided filler for so long by the manga being so far ahead, right?  I guess going seasonal is out of the question LOL.

I remember reading a while back that a filler arc was announced that would fill in a time skip that takes place in the manga, and looks like Yuki Tabata was going to supervise it.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/black-clover-announces-first-original-anime-arc-/

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/black-clover-original-anime-filler-training-arc-good-idea-debate-theory/

I'm not sure what came of it since covid happened.  If the filler arc started already or not when the show had to go on hiatus.  It's kind of hard to look into this stuff too hard without getting spoilers.

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Not sure either.

When she used that forbidden magic to seal that devil I know she got the horns but not sure about the eyes, and then the bird form is from using the forbidden magic again on the prince.

She got the horns but otherwise looked the same when she used the sealing spell.  So eyes must have changed from using it on the prince or after she came out of the bird form.

Maybe part 2 will show that.  Otherwise I have something else to go back and check. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Black Clover avoided filler for so long by the manga being so far ahead, right?  I guess going seasonal is out of the question LOL.

I remember reading a while back that a filler arc was announced that would fill in a time skip that takes place in the manga, and looks like Yuki Tabata was going to supervise it.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/black-clover-announces-first-original-anime-arc-/

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/black-clover-original-anime-filler-training-arc-good-idea-debate-theory/

I'm not sure what came of it since covid happened.  If the filler arc started already or not when the show had to go on hiatus.  It's kind of hard to look into this stuff too hard without getting spoilers.

That's good, maybe they're working on it behind the scenes with the writers so maybe we can still be cannon with a mini-arc until the end of the season?

Yeah I'm not looking it up either.