UnevenEdge

Just got done marathoning Akama ga Kill

Nytlyt

It is... like, the most mediocre show I've seen in quite some time. 

I only watched it because I was bored, and because it was just edgy enough to not feel too stale.

It is like the definition of a 6 out of 10 show, though.

I can see why it wasn't picked up for a second season.

Unless it's due to there not being any more manga/books but I would hazard a guess and say that, while fairly popular, this show didn't attract a diehard or even cult fan base. 

Edited by TrylSyz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TrylSyz said:

II can see why it wasn't picked up for a second season.

Unless it's due to there not being any more manga/books but I would hazard a guess and say that, while fairly popular, this show didn't attract a diehard or even cult fan base. 

The manga covered a lot more, but they just up and decided to have an anime only ending.

6 hours ago, TrylSyz said:

It is... like, the most mediocre show I've seen in quite some time. 

I only watched it because I was bored, and because it was just edgy enough to not feel too stale.

It is like the definition of a 6 out of 10 show, though.

I can see why it wasn't picked up for a second season.

I hate the show so very much, I feel like my brain cells die every time I think of it, that's how much I despise that show.

3 out of 10 for me, but me being petty I'd give it a 1 out of 10.

10 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

I hate the show so very much, I feel like my brain cells die every time I think of it, that's how much I despise that show.

Oh, so you're that guy.

I'm gonna say it, your tendency to constantly lower your score for AgK every time you bring it up is still the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen or heard in my years in this community.

1 hour ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

3 out of 10 for me, but me being petty I'd give it a 1 out of 10.

Yeah I was just saying that even the normies would probably give it a 6/10. 

I, personally, would give it a 4/10.

It's just a notch or two over something like 'Freezing'. 

• Like 1

The edge got too silly for me quickly. It felt like their world was only bleak because it made the story look cool. The manga doesn’t kill off important characters to get a reaction out of the audience, but it also has a pedo clown so it’s hard to gauge which one is more worthwhile. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chapinator-800 said:

The edge got too silly for me quickly. It felt like their world was only bleak because it made the story look cool. The manga doesn’t kill off important characters to get a reaction out of the audience, but it also has a pedo clown so it’s hard to gauge which one is more worthwhile. 

I'd say the manga was more deranged, with A LOT more rape and murder than the anime, which might sound impossible but they managed to pull it off. When it came to the pedo clown I think the way they introduced him was by having the prime ministers ripped son and all his goons rape and murder everyone in this one town. When it comes to that one guy Bols' family, in the manga they had his wife and daughter raped and murdered on his grave. There was even this one chapter where 3 girls that were bought by some lord all went on to be raped by the people there, including the dogs, all three of the girls dying in the end. The series as a whole is deranged filth because going for shock is quite literally the only thing the creator knew how to do.

18 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

When it comes to that one guy Bols' family, in the manga they had his wife and daughter raped and murdered on his grave. There was even this one chapter where 3 girls that were bought by some lord all went on to be raped by the people there, including the dogs, all three of the girls dying in the end.

Thank god the anime spared all five, am I right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TrylSyz said:

Yeah I was just saying that even the normies would probably give it a 6/10. 

I, personally, would give it a 4/10.

It's just a notch or two over something like 'Freezing'. 

Freezing is high art that has yet to be surpassed by any other anime.

• Like 1

AGK is not high art by any means, but it wasn't a TERRIBLE series.  It kept me entertained for it's entirety, even if it was just to see how edge it would become.  There are objectively worse and better series out there, and I've definitely hated shows more than it.  AGK is just kinda... there.  It truly is the definition of Anime: The Anime.

That being said, I didn't like it enough to want to buy it or watch it again, and I agree with the criticisms that was basically edgy for the sake of it, rather than for any real plot reasons.  Honestly, after a certain point it started being comical how many "evil" or "horrifying" things it was throwing at us just to show how depressing their world is.

• Like 1