UnevenEdge

Awesome review videos explaining the appeal of certain Toonami long-runners...

moose

THESE VIDEOS CONTAIN FUTURE SPOILERS FOR THE SHOWS IT TALKS ABOUT SO PROCEED WITH WARNING

So remember that video talking about the Fall of Bleach?

That one.

Super Eyepatch Wolf. A Youtuber who makes awesome and very detailed analytical videos describing and suggesting various anime he watches.

Well, he has more videos and they're all as awesome and educational as the Bleach one. Which was an awesome video if you're not caught up in your fanboy feelings.

But yeah, here are the several videos. Keep in mind they're all pretty long so if you don't want to bother watching them, then just don't bother posting. I wanna hear the thoughts of those who at least watch one or several. And again, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

SEPW's videos are always great and consistently surprising, and he's just such a swell guy that even if you disagree with him, he's hard to hate. But you probably won't, since he's usually always right. Recommended for those who already liked these shows but I don't think it will persuade the haters.

Why you should watch Battle Tendency: Because JoJo's gets better every arc.

Yeah, see, but anyone can say that. These videos go into depth as to why you should actually see it. The guy is highly educated and knows what he's talking about and it's a good listen.

Not that you're wrong, though... because you are absolutely right. Lol

Yeah, see, but anyone can say that. These videos go into depth as to why you should actually see it. The guy is highly educated and knows what he's talking about and it's a good listen.

Not that you're wrong, though... because you are absolutely right. Lol

I already watch JoJo's tho so I don't need to be sold on it.

So tempted to answe the "Why you should watch HxH" with snark.

Ha I know right?

I think this guy feels the same way most fans feel, that HxH is an intentional deconstruction of the Shonen battle genre the same way Madoka is a deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre.

But while Madoka was obviously a deconstruction, I have my doubts that that's what the author intended for HxH. I think people just kind of latched on to that as a way to explain some of the odd writing choices.

Ha I know right?

I think this guy feels the same way most fans feel, that HxH is an intentional deconstruction of the Shonen battle genre the same way Madoka is a deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre.

But while Madoka was obviously a deconstruction, I have my doubts that that's what the author intended for HxH. I think people just kind of latched on to that as a way to explain some of the odd writing choices.

Hey, like I said, you're free to disagree, but disagree with some class and educated points, as he eludes with his video.

I think the number one problem this forum has is the absolute snark and low-class rebuttals that makes it seem like the people here feel their opinions are facts. Rarely are their points well-constructed and layed out like the guy who does these videos. Instead people here result to bashing shows, without any kind of intellectual discussion or point. If thats the only way you can get your point across, tell me, why would I listen to you over someone who actually puts thought, research and effort into his opinions. You can really see the division in class and intellect between this guy and many posters here. If only people would learn to construct themselves like this YouTuber..

Please, you're only saying that because you agree with his points.  If someone made a video essay about hating One Piece, you'd dismiss it out of hand.

No I wouldn't. I would most likely disagree, but I wouldn't be mad. I would just explain why I feel different in a dignified way like they explained in a dignified way. And I would appreciate that they weren't crass in explaining why they don't like it.

Because that's what happened. Even here (well the old forum) there were a one or two people who explained intelligently and with respect why they don't like One Piece and I respected their views. It's not like you who mindlessly slings feces solely to trash it. I'm not going to respect that. Construct your thoughts in a educated manner with actual points and explain yourself with actual research like this guy does, and then I'll actually respect your view, even if I may disagree. Like I always say, it's ALWAYS how you express yourself.

And if you don't want to believe that, and just keep saying what you already said, then that proves the difference between the youtuber and you.

"+Fire Naoi So I made it through the candle melting episode, the paper scissors rock strategy discussion episode, even the WAITING IN A SMALL ROOM EPISODE, but now they are doing a fucking recap episode. THEY ARE SHOWING CLIPS OF ALL THE BORING THAT HAPPENED UP TO THIS POINT. I think your messing with me. I think I have stumbled onto some inside joke where people try and convince others to watch this terribly boring show. There is no way anyone has ever watched beyond episode 13 of this voluntarily."

At least the video has some good comments on it.

"+Fire Naoi So I made it through the candle melting episode, the paper scissors rock strategy discussion episode, even the WAITING IN A SMALL ROOM EPISODE, but now they are doing a fucking recap episode. THEY ARE SHOWING CLIPS OF ALL THE BORING THAT HAPPENED UP TO THIS POINT. I think your messing with me. I think I have stumbled onto some inside joke where people try and convince others to watch this terribly boring show. There is no way anyone has ever watched beyond episode 13 of this voluntarily."

At least the video has some good comments on it.

How is that a good comment? That's a horribly constructed profanity laced typical ignorant YT comment.

No I wouldn't. I would most likely disagree, but I wouldn't be mad. I would just explain why I feel different in a dignified way like they explained in a dignified way. And I would appreciate that they weren't crass in explaining why they don't like it.

Because that's what happened. Even here (well the old forum) there were a one or two people who explained intelligently and with respect why they don't like One Piece and I respected their views. It's not like you who mindlessly slings feces solely to trash it. I'm not going to respect that. Construct your thoughts in a educated manner with actual points and explain yourself with actual research like this guy does, and then I'll actually respect your view, even if I may disagree. Like I always say, it's ALWAYS how you express yourself.

And if you don't want to believe that, and just keep saying what you already said, then that proves the difference between the youtuber and you.

I call bullshit.

Because people have given you reasons.  Valid ones as to why One Piece sucks.  Pacing.  The animation quality being complete junk.  Characters who have regressed into stereotypes so badly they made Ned Freaking Flanders look nuanced.  (WE FUCKING GET IT.  Luffy is asexual and likes food.  The joke stopped being funny about 8 years ago).  And the arcs have shown themselves to not really have anything to grab onto as far as drama.  It's just our merry band of two dimensional stereotypes reinforcing why they're two dimensional stereotypes.  It's an endless quest for nothing about nothing.  The last actual bit of emotion fell flat on its freaking face post timeskip because it was right back to the stereotypes.

And every time this has been explained, you give the same response about how people don't get it.  How the "lamestream" is awful because they'd rather spend their Saturday watching a UFC.  How the audience wants to see the same thing week in and week out and I call bullshit.  If people wanted the same thing like an 80's kids cartoon they would watch One Piece.  You need to give the audience something.  Something to hang their hats on.  Luffy the asexual jellyfish is not it.  The audience, to paraphrase Adaptation, sees it and asks "And why the FUCK am I wasting my precious Saturday with your show?!  I don't have any use for it!  I don't have any bloody use for it!"

I call bullshit.

Because people have given you reasons.  Valid ones as to why One Piece sucks.  Pacing.  The animation quality being complete junk.  Characters who have regressed into stereotypes so badly they made Ned Freaking Flanders look nuanced.  (WE FUCKING GET IT.  Luffy is asexual and likes food.  The joke stopped being funny about 8 years ago).  And the arcs have shown themselves to not really have anything to grab onto as far as drama.  It's just our merry band of two dimensional stereotypes reinforcing why they're two dimensional stereotypes.  It's an endless quest for nothing about nothing.  The last actual bit of emotion fell flat on its freaking face post timeskip because it was right back to the stereotypes.

And every time this has been explained, you give the same response about how people don't get it.  How the "lamestream" is awful because they'd rather spend their Saturday watching a UFC.  How the audience wants to see the same thing week in and week out and I call bullshit.  If people wanted the same thing like an 80's kids cartoon they would watch One Piece.  You need to give the audience something.  Something to hang their hats on.  Luffy the asexual jellyfish is not it.  The audience, to paraphrase Adaptation, sees it and asks "And why the FUCK am I wasting my precious Saturday with your show?!  I don't have any use for it!  I don't have any bloody use for it!"

See but here's the thing, there you go treating your opinion as fact again.

You wanna know how to construct an argument explaining why you feel a series has problems, take a look at the YouTubers video on Bleach. You can clearly tell he no longer rally enjoys it, but in no point in the video is he condescending. In no point of the video does he imply his views are facts. And in no point of the video is he outright bashing Bleach. No rather he professionally and adequately lists different reasons as to why Bleach ended up the way it did but he did it in respectful fashion.

Something you cannot do because you're too eager to be as rude and obnoxious as possible. You don't think I know the main reasons someone would not like OP? That's not the point. The point is most of you can't list said reasons without being a terrible poster and having no gift at explaining your reasoning without a sea of bias and bitterness and uneducation. So even though a lot of what you said O could understand, I won't respect your view because you can't professionally express it. That's the problem. And until you sit down, relax, and take your hatred down a few levels to understand that, you have no voice. Let that be known. And that deals with a good deal of people here who can't write a constructive argument worth a damn. Go look at his videos again and learn how to please.

You also have to be consistent with your said arguments. You can't complain about OP chracters being annoying stereotypes and then welcome DBZ characters with open arms. That's inconsistent with your gripe with OP. And that's just many of the points your mentioned.

Also, don't forget the research. I think this may be your GREATEST flaw. You exaggerate things like it's Toonami ratings and refuse to look at everything else. Do you see the Youtuber doing that? No. All his points are backed up by a grand deal of things. All you have to go on for OP "BEING AN OVERWHELMING FAILURE" is it's Toonami run, ignoring other things like it's performance on streams (being the highest streamed anime overall on 2016) it's DVD sales and other such things. You, who ignore key things, can never contruct a through constructive criticism argument.

People are angry because their opinion is dismissed out of hand because they don't like the show.

"Goddammit yo."

Lmao see you can't do it. That's no excuse. It's like I always say, construct yourself with respect and I'll give you respect.

And until you do that Jman...

This guy conveys his feelings as to why he personally doesn't like OP, and while I do think he's a little too hung-up on the outlandish character designs - I get it and I respect his review - OP clearly isn't for him. He even says because of that that's why he isn't going to spend time bashing it because he doesn't like it, why spend time talking and bashing a series of its already clear that you don't like it. He said his piece respectfully and left it at that. That I respect. What you do I don't. And no amount of what I did in the past is going to give you a good excuse to express yourself that way .

It's about the here and now. Everyone else gets that and posts normally when talking to me - except you and to a certain degree Ben. But mostly just you.

So don't give me that tripe. You just cannot express your criticisms adequately, nor do you know when to stop badgering your ignorant way of doing things into our heads. That's all it is.

Like here's something I SHOULD know by now, but since you can't express yourself respectfully worth a damn, I still don't know - When did you start disliking One Piece?

Because everyone here remembers, you were a pretty big OP fan back in the day. You always spoke favorably about it. Yes, I'm aware people drop series out of fatigue and just overall not caring about it anymore - but you take that a step further. You act llike someone who's hated the series from day one - but we all know that isn't true. Which mean, guess what, something about the series pulled you in and kept you watching for a decent amount of time, I mean you were talking good about the series up until the midway point of Eneis Lobby on Toonami. That means your claim that OP never had merits is bullshit, because clearly it did if you liked it before. It honestly hasn't even been that long since you've been hardcore hating on One Piece - and yet I have no idea what caused such a steadfast 180 turn when you clearly liked the series for a long time before then. Even Ben found your abrupt change odd. I'm pretty sure everyone did, actually.

And yet... I still don't know how that happened. How can someone who liked OP for such a long time act like he's hated it from day one. That doesn't make any sense and it's something you never elaborate on because you're too busy being obnoxious by just senselessly and without any grace bashing OP. I've known countless people drop the series because it's taking too long but none have eluded that veil of hatred that you have with the series. So, let's start with that Jman. I'm curious.

You have never given anyone one iota of respect.  It's why no one can be civil with you.  Years of death threats and cursing has made people respond in kind.

Sounds like Jman's being tsundere for OP.

Moose hurt his wittle feelings.

Really, though. I've interrupted one of Moose's outbursts with an explanation for why I don't like OP and he thanked me for the explanation, made a few counterpoints, and moved on. So, pretty sure he's playing up the psychosis.

You have never given anyone one iota of respect.  It's why no one can be civil with you.  Years of death threats and cursing has made people respond in kind.

Let's not speak for everyone here, Jman.  I haven't had a problem with moose on these forums at all, and I very rarely had a problem with him over at ASMB