UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Aliciziation - War of Underworld Episode 6 Discussion

ben0119

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I know sometimes it can be really gruesome like when a bone busts through the skin, but I don't know if blood would come gushing out.

blood typically flows from wounds, rather than EXPLODE from them....so no, it would not behave the way hers did

Oh yeah. Kikuouka and his hacker goon should presumably know this place and especially its computer systems inside out (and way more than Gabriel and his soldiers). It's kinda crazy they can't interfere with the connection of the intruders.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, mochi said:

no....but to my surprise Whimpering bitch is apparently a boy

Image result for sao renly

the pigtails, female face model, and feminine whimpering made me think this was a girl

I thought he was a girl too til the next episode lmao.  Looks like Sinon but with green hair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I thought he was standing out far enough from them.

That thing launched like a DBZ blast it just went right through everything. Though to be fair they did a shit job of showing where each flank is. Like one scene that guy was shooting straight into mobs, the next he's so far back that you can't even see the front line which would have been defending him that the gobs ran through. 

4 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

but why did that freeze thing hapen in the first place? they'd better explain and it better not be a one-off just for lesbian tragedy...

To be fair, we don't know that she's lesbian.

Uh, nevermind, I just checked the SAO wiki and she definitely is.  I don't know if this got cut from the anime or will be shown later, but this is her backstory, assuming the wiki is accurate -

Spoiler

A girl blessed with the strength of a man, Dakira was born and raised in a small village in the Southacroith South Empire in a poor and nameless family of fishermen. However, at the age of sixteen, Dakira fell in love with another girl, who was one year older than her. She did not have the courage to confess her feelings to her beloved and instead sought penance from Stacia in an empty church altar at night. Unbeknownst to her, however, the altar was connected to the Central Cathedral's automated elders mechanism, thus Dakira was detected to have committed a taboo and brought to the Central Cathedral, where she was turned into an Integrity Knight.[2]

As an Integrity Knight, Dakira was judged to be at risk if assigned to the front lines due to lacking power. Thus, Dakira was one of the knights picked by Fanatio to form the «Four Oscillation Blades», who were taught combination techniques to increase their survivability. As Fanatio somewhat reminded Dakira of the girl that she had been in love with and Dakira felt deep respect for her, Fanatio was the sole person that Dakira had devoted herself to.[2]

Annoyingly, the wiki page for this episode is mostly blank, so I can't check for changes from the light novels to see if this backstory was supposed to be shown here or not.  I would have to dig for a review somewhere that talks about anime and light novel differences.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:15 AM, ben0119 said:

To be fair, we don't know that she's lesbian.

Uh, nevermind, I just checked the SAO wiki and she definitely is.  I don't know if this got cut from the anime or will be shown later, but this is her backstory, assuming the wiki is accurate -

Reveal hidden contents

A girl blessed with the strength of a man, Dakira was born and raised in a small village in the Southacroith South Empire in a poor and nameless family of fishermen. However, at the age of sixteen, Dakira fell in love with another girl, who was one year older than her. She did not have the courage to confess her feelings to her beloved and instead sought penance from Stacia in an empty church altar at night. Unbeknownst to her, however, the altar was connected to the Central Cathedral's automated elders mechanism, thus Dakira was detected to have committed a taboo and brought to the Central Cathedral, where she was turned into an Integrity Knight.[2]

As an Integrity Knight, Dakira was judged to be at risk if assigned to the front lines due to lacking power. Thus, Dakira was one of the knights picked by Fanatio to form the «Four Oscillation Blades», who were taught combination techniques to increase their survivability. As Fanatio somewhat reminded Dakira of the girl that she had been in love with and Dakira felt deep respect for her, Fanatio was the sole person that Dakira had devoted herself to.[2]

Annoyingly, the wiki page for this episode is mostly blank, so I can't check for changes from the light novels to see if this backstory was supposed to be shown here or not.  I would have to dig for a review somewhere that talks about anime and light novel differences.

again, what is it with this show and constantly killing LGBT characters? >_>