UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden 281 Discussion

StarPanda

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

They made samurai more powerful than Ninja so they couldn't use them... Except when the war arc went on then the Samurai did all of jack shit aside from fighting jobbers despite their buildup. 

When was it said samurai were more powerful than ninjas?  Yeah they really haven't done much lol.

Just now, ben0119 said:

I could have sworn it was said Sakura's mom was a ninja or am I thinking of someone else?

I think both of them are ninja, they do jobber missions. Ino's dad is a Ninja though her mother owns a flower shop. Then Chouji and Shikamaru's dads are ninja while their moms are both housekeepers. Kiba's mom is a ninja no idea where his dad is though. 

8755.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

When was it said samurai were more powerful than ninjas?  Yeah they really haven't done much lol.

Back when they were introduced as mediators for the kage summit. The idea was that they were neutral between the villages, there were fare fewer samurai, but they were supposed to be more powerful. Pretty much like how they said a Vasto lorde could take over the SS in bleach. Then they have 10+ of them and nobody fucking died. It was almost a non-issue in how there were no casualties. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Back when they were introduced as mediators for the kage summit. The idea was that they were neutral between the villages, there were fare fewer samurai, but they were supposed to be more powerful. Pretty much like how they said a Vasto lorde could take over the SS in bleach. Then they have 10+ of them and nobody fucking died. It was almost a non-issue in how there were no casualties. 

I don't remember it being said that the samurai were more powerful, but maybe I missed that part.

Oh yeah, I remember that thing with the Vasto Lorde.  They were talking about that form of Menos Grande.  That's when they said the big ones were "just foot soldiers."  Well, an Arrancar Vasto would be even more powerful than an original Hollow Menos version.  But fans kept going on about Vasto Lordes for some reason, when they would be weaker than the Arrancars!  And they never did fight any Vasto Lordes Menos Grande lol.  Yeah there should have been casualties.  I had remembered hearing that Kubo wanted to kill off some characters but the editors wouldn't let him, fearing a drop in sales.

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I don't remember it being said that the samurai were more powerful, but maybe I missed that part.

Oh yeah, I remember that thing with the Vasto Lorde.  They were talking about that form of Menos Grande.  That's when they said the big ones were "just foot soldiers."  Well, an Arrancar Vasto would be even more powerful than an original Hollow Menos version.  But fans kept going on about Vasto Lordes for some reason, when they would be weaker than the Arrancars!  And they never did fight any Vasto Lordes Menos Grande lol.  Yeah there should have been casualties.  I had remembered hearing that Kubo wanted to kill off some characters but the editors wouldn't let him, fearing a drop in sales.

I think they said that Haribel, Nel, Stark, and Barragan were vasto lorde. I forget if Ulquiorra was one or not, though Kubo said those ones were Vasto before Aizen used the Hogyoku on them. It's just hard to think of Nel as being capable of solo killing everyone in the SS. 

8 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I think they said that Haribel, Nel, Stark, and Barragan were vasto lorde. I forget if Ulquiorra was one or not, though Kubo said those ones were Vasto before Aizen used the Hogyoku on them. It's just hard to think of Nel as being capable of solo killing everyone in the SS. 

It would have been any of them that had a humanoid form and size before they got turned into Arrancars.  And I thought it was just said that a Vasto Lorde was stronger than a captain.