UnevenEdge

I'm past the whole "contains peanuts"on the peanut butter jar thing...

GuyBeardmane

21 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

But I was making a PBJ sammich and I noticed the peanut butter jar said "vegan" on it.  Makes me wonder, what kind of peanut butter ISN'T vegan?  It's all peanuts and corn syrup, isn't it?

Not sure about any others, but "JIF" is made with sugar & molasses.  I suppose some company could create a PB that's chemically sweetened.

3 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

But I was making a PBJ sammich and I noticed the peanut butter jar said "vegan" on it.  Makes me wonder, what kind of peanut butter ISN'T vegan?  It's all peanuts and corn syrup, isn't it?

I mean I guess it's based on the brand

I personally buy Soylent Green peanut butter

• Thanks 1

Maybe it's referring to ingredients that come from animals that are not meat.  I have no idea what that would be in peanut butter.
Or the more likely possibility is that it's just slapped on there to appeal to stupid people.  Kinda like all the stuff that says "Gluten free" and you're like, "No shit".

2 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

Or the more likely possibility is that it's just slapped on there to appeal to stupid people.  Kinda like all the stuff that says "Gluten free" and you're like, "No shit".

You mean like, "Unlike our competitors, we've come out publicly against genocide!"