UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone Episode 18 Discussion!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Katana the most powerful sword in the world?  I don't know about that.

Gen you can't really believe that LOL.  Found out and admits it and that face LOL.

it's a requirement that anime act like everything Japan has ever invented is inherently better than anything anyone else has ever invented :P

• Haha 2

Y'know, Tsukasa really is an awful antagonist for this show. Seriously. "I hated how selfish and cutthroat the world used to be. So I'm going to build a better world. And to start, I'm going to revive only the most selfish and cutthroat people I can find."

It's honestly kinda embarrassing. Literally everyone he revives would've grown into exactly the kind of adults he hated. Probably still will. Dude's totally getting stabbed in the back sooner or later.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Y'know, Tsukasa really is an awful antagonist for this show. Seriously. "I hated how selfish and cutthroat the world used to be. So I'm going to build a better world. And to start, I'm going to revive only the most selfish and cutthroat people I can find."

It's honestly kinda embarrassing. Literally everyone he revives would've grown into exactly the kind of adults he hated. Probably still will. Dude's totally getting stabbed in the back sooner or later.

You think Tsukasa is not a worthy enemy for Senku and the others?  I think the show would have been just fine without an antagonist.  Just the story of rebuilding civilization and reviving humanity would have been enough.  And Tsukasa was basically not a factor at all in this whole arc in the village and it was fine. 

But it is what it is.  I guess the author is going for the brains over brawn and value of science blah blah blah thing.

Well I mean, he's already been betrayed by Gen. :P

8 hours ago, rpgamer said:

"I wanna live in a world without any adults."

Look I know you're brutish, but you're not STUPID. This isn't a fantasy. All you did was seemingly travel to the future where almost no live humans exist! It's not like you suddenly have superpowers to stay young forever! One day YOU WILL BE an adult, and then how will you explain your argument!! Did that rock layer knock you out a bit in the head too!? This makes all the stakes extremely hard to get invested in.

Edited by elfie