UnevenEdge

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - Episode 22 Discussion

Yeah, I guess so. Bandages were prevalent in both MHA and OPM.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma/episode-22/.92554

Grade: "B". I thought it was a good episode, even if there HAS been a striking lack of Soma lately, but I'm sure we'll see him next wee...uhh, year!!

More specifically, since he DID come back at the end of the episode in the post-credits scene, I believe the last 2 episodes in the season will focus on Group A. I also can't really fault Toonami for dividing it like this.

• Like 1

So that girl is Chinese?

Alice's voice is a little annoying, but not nearly as much as Erina. I can't pin it down. She sounds carefree but a little snooty, and almost drunk? Eh, maybe I'm just tired.

Still, I can't tell if this is a 90s-early 2000s dub or a gag dub, and what Sentai's intent. I mean I seriously thought the southern accent thing was phased out a long time ago. Though Funi just did it in Dr. Stone, at least that character was American, and not a "Japanese yokel."

Did Erina's parents die of food poisoning by an evil chef or something? All we've seen is grandpa.

Didn't know this hunter girl was so good. And she likes oranges... pretty close to Nami's tangerines. :)

I swear this guy's voice sounds worse when he's thin. Sounds really weird.

Making noodles like that sounds like a pain in the ass. I don't know how you would even do that.

Nao losing it even more lmao.

Really stretching these metaphors for these food visions... less and less and fan service ones too.

Meat Meat in the bumps. :D

You'd have to eat that dish IMMEDIATELY after it was made then. And who was the scientist cook on TV?

Foigras again ugh.

A bunch of redneck fishermen.

Fish liver? Yuck.

88! Nice!

A dish reminding of her home.

Oh my god her mom's voice.

Knocked that girl out of it. Why is she calling Megumi a princess? If anyone is a princess it's Erina.

Eh... another set of judges and emcee? And that bitch is giving everyone zeroes?!

19 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Alice's voice is a little annoying, but not nearly as much as Erina. I can't pin it down. She sounds carefree but a little snooty, and almost drunk? Eh, maybe I'm just tired.

Why is she calling Megumi a princess? If anyone is a princess it's Erina.

Alice shares the same VA as Mine from Akame ga KILL!, so that's probably it.

Megumi is the princess you root for to get with the prince in the end, while Erina is the princess you not-so-secretly hope gets a mouthful of poison apple.

• Haha 1

• StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, elfie said:

So this is all basically a ton of chapters sped through into one episode. because readers were complaining of arc fatigue.

Is it really?  I thought it was because we didn't have time to dedicate so much screen time to seeing all these competitors' dishes being made.  So we just see them take them to the judges and explain what they did.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:02 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Alice shares the same VA as Mine from Akame ga KILL!, so that's probably it.

Megumi is the princess you root for to get with the prince in the end, while Erina is the princess you not-so-secretly hope gets a mouthful of poison apple.

Hmm.  I don't remember how Mine spoke that well.  I thought her voice was higher pitched than Alice.

Oh, of course haha.