UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #68 (405) DISCUSSION!!!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  And I hope no one posted any DOG SHOW SPOILERS.

I am actually glad I went to Thanksgiving this time.  There can sometimes be drama with certain individuals of the family, but there really wasn't this time.  Maybe it helped that my mother and step-dad didn't come lol.  They claimed they couldn't come because they were saving money to buy new appliances, then it was the car wouldn't make it, even though they make all kinds of trips with that car, then I hear about my mom complaining that she didn't get to go, even though they were invited.  And supposedly they got in a fight and threw away all their food. :D The food we had was pretty much all good, had good times with the family.  Since my aunt died in late September, everyone seems to be recognizing that we should spend more time together and try to get along better, since we don't know how many more of these occasions we will have.  I'm also thankful for the family gatherings we had had before that point.  We watched some movies, parade, TV shows, of course football, though I'm not a sports person, I wasn't going to be able to veto that, lol.  Everyone's been loving Disney Plus.  I just finished Cinderella on the list of Disney animated movies.  By the way, those Witch Mountain movies are really weird and have some strange similarities with Star Wars.  Twin brother and sister arrive on Earth with telepathy and telekinesis powers, and the villain in the second movie is played by Chris Lee, no joke.

I managed to get the $200 PS4 bundle with Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and God of War, on Black Friday by ordering from the base over the phone, after everyone else was sold out of it.  My grandma has a military ID card because my grandfather was in the military, he was one of the engineers that built the airstrips in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska.  He actually died when my mother and my two aunts were children, but I feel like I know him pretty well from the stories my grandmother tells.

This will make it much easier for me to watch anime and other stuff outside Toonami, without having to depend on my rickety PC, not to mention the limited to nonexistent and more falling off, support for video service apps on PS3.  I hope the FunimationNow one is better on PS4.  I'll also finally be able to play a bunch of games I've been wanting to play, like Dreamfall Chapters, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy Type-0, Transformers Devastation, Neir: Automata, Resident Evil 7, and I know there were others.  Good times, indeed.

• Thanks 1

Here is my post for last week's episode.  I would have watched live, but there were only two TVs in the house connected to anything, and I didn't really think anyone else would want to watch Toonami, even if just for an hour.  You never know what sort of fan service or weird thing will happen in a show.  I wasn't going to try to watch on my phone, either.  If it's an actual TV show or movie or something, I'm watching that on an actual TV or larger screen of some kind.

~

OH MY GOD SUCH CUTE FANGIRLS!

A catgirl and dog...bunny? Whatever she is, she's cute!

Come on, Deku and Mirio, pay attention to your surroundings! You could be hitting that! (And this is where things could diverge to the doujin, if some artist were to take it upon themselves.)

I had to keep rewinding to get a better look at those girls lol. Okay, time to move on and actually watch the episode.

OH YEAH, if I had watched the episode on DVR instead of on-demand, I would have completely missed them! The opening shot is cut from my recording! All I would have seen is them walking by Deku and Mirio and not had the context of them noticing then. I used to be able to just set an episode to record and it would get everything. Toonami has ad breaks between shows so it's one of the few cases where I don't have to worry about setting an extra minute before or after. But not this time! What have you done to the timing, Demarco?!

"Deck, that's weird." Lmao.

Eh, did he say Le Million? Why the French?

Ah hell, Deku just ran into some Hunter x Hunter child, and that villain! This has escalated much more quickly than I would have expected!

Somehow I doubt that Ari is actually Overhaul's daughter. And if he is, CPS needs to be called!

I thought he could only use foresight on 1 person at a time.

Wtf, Mirio just wants to leave her there? Ugh. And Night Eye acts like he doesn't give a shit about her at all. Fucking asshole. And why is Mirio working with this asshole anyway? Seems like he is rubbing off on Mirio in the worst ways too. Or maybe I read Mirio wrong this whole time.

I really don't know how much I'm going to like this if Captain Jellico is going to be in charge for an entire arc!

Feels like retcons all day long. Night Eye's existence, and Mirio's. It really doesn't make sense for All Might to give that power to someone who already has a quirk. And putting Night Eye into All Might's past is just... ehh. Brain of his operations and was supposedly there after All Might got injured? Come on, man. And I thought his power could only see the future for an hour?

As for gruesome death, he didn't die when he fought All for One. Unless he dies from the aftermath of it eventually. Of course, if All Might got into a fight with a villain in his current state he is pretty much fucked.

I would also like to think Deku is more than just a "fan" to him at this point.

Again, why give the power to someone already with a quirk? All Might didn't have one beforehand did he? And look at how great he is! There's a good chance that One For All could conflict with someone's quirk they already have.

But yeah, fuck Night Eye.

This is touching. I do hope they can beat the prediction.

But I think introducing a prediction power into the story was a bad idea. Especially using it to this extent. In something like a fight is one thing. I don't like the idea of All Might is going to die because of some prediction. I would just as soon think he was going to die eventually of his condition before he even lost his power after the fight with All For One. Now he's in even worse shape. And if doesn't just keel over from his poor health, yeah, if someone attacks him now, he's fucked. The prediction part was not needed. Neither was Night Eye, for that matter.

~

I hope the show will be able to turn things around, but I dunno.  There were some pretty bad writing decisions made last week.

17 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I managed to get the $200 PS4 bundle with Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and God of War, on Black Friday by ordering from the base over the phone, after everyone else was sold out of it.  My grandma has a military ID card because my grandfather was in the military, he was one of the engineers that built the airstrips in the Aleutian Islands off Alaska.  He actually died when my mother and my two aunts were children, but I feel like I know him pretty well from the stories my grandmother tells.

This will make it much easier for me to watch anime and other stuff outside Toonami, without having to depend on my rickety PC, not to mention the limited to nonexistent and more falling off, support for video service apps on PS3.  I hope the FunimationNow one is better on PS4.  I'll also finally be able to play a bunch of games I've been wanting to play, like Dreamfall Chapters, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy Type-0, Transformers Devastation, Neir: Automata, Resident Evil 7, and I know there were others.  Good times, indeed.

Nice, that's a really good bundle, all three of those games are fantastic, it's pretty much just missing Spider-Man PS4 for a full GOTY starter bundle.
Those are some other really good picks to start with too and like you said plenty of other games for after that. Lots of huge games even still coming early next year too like FF7 Remake and Cyberpunk 2077.

I know I've ended up using the Funimation app on the PS4 a lot, it's worked quite well for me as I haven't had any problems with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Nice, that's a really good bundle, all three of those games are fantastic, it's pretty much just missing Spider-Man PS4 for a full GOTY starter bundle.
Those are some other really good picks to start with too and like you said plenty of other games for after that. Lots of huge games even still coming early next year too like FF7 Remake and Cyberpunk 2077.

I know I've ended up using the Funimation app on the PS4 a lot, it's worked quite well for me as I haven't had any problems with it.

Yeah I heard Spider-Man is a really good game.  I don't have much experience with the older games, but I assume the new one probably blows them out of the water anyway.

I somehow never managed to play any of the old God of War games, even though I'm a big fan of ancient history and mythology, and that type of game.  I remember watching one of my friends playing it, but don't think I played it myself.  It's probably because I got a 360 and didn't get a PS3 til way later, well after that were no longer 600 freaking dollars.  So being the completionist I am, I'm going to want to go back and play the old games first, but I can dive right into Horizon: Zero Dawn and Last of Us.  

Yeah I can actually take interest in modern games now that I finally have a current console again.  The last system I bought was a Wii U and the last new game was Breath of the Wild, which I loved.  Well, I got Sonic Mania on PC too.  Unfortunately Nintendo horribly marketed that system, many people I think just assumed it was an upgraded Wii, and it didn't sell well.  Had great games, but was put down early.  So I got screwed there, and wasn't too inclined to jump on the Switch right away.  I probably won't get that til BotW 2 comes out.

I have actually been trying to get a PS4 forever, but every time, something would happen and I couldn't buy it, or I'd spend money on other stuff.  Like a discontinued train set.  Hard for me to justify waiting to spend money on something discontinued and rare, that will only get more expensive over time, over a PS4 which isn't going anywhere.  But I got it now, so it's all good.  I'm not chronically afflicted by FOMO, as some folks are, and I buy games well after the fact, discounted or used, except for a few like Zelda or Sonic that I really want to play ASAP, if I can help it.

Bloodstained was another game I was interested in.  I want to play all the Castlevanias first though.  I think I just have Symphony of the Night.  I started a game of Castlevania 1 on my friend's NES a while back, but I'm going to have to start over, of course.

More about Dreamfall Chapters, I actually donated $125 towards that game being made, but when it came out, my PC was too crappy to play it.  It couldn't even get through the cut scenes, and that game series is heavily story based, so I wasn't going to try to play it without cut scenes, even it could run the gameplay.  So that's another reason I REALLY wanted to get a PS4 as soon as I could.

So yeah I haven't watched or read much about Cyberpunk 2077, because I see no point in following game news for stuff I can't play.  But now that I can, maybe I should look into it more.  People seem pretty excited about that game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mochi said:

first of all it's Friday not Saturday

second, I feel like this is the episode where

Reveal hidden contents

they randomly reveal with no prior build up that Kirishima has a crush on Mina

What are you talking about?

1 hour ago, mochi said:

wait..........it is Saturday....but....this morning when I checked my phone it said today was Friday

You must be blind, your phone was set wrong, or you had an issue relating to alternate dimensions or space-time continuum.

Nice intro screens there, right out of a comic book.

Froppy and Uravity working with Nejire and this dragon girl, nice.  And good take down of those giant villains.  Maybe things will turn around for the female heroes in this show.

What is Nejire's ability?

12 hours ago, elfie said:

Odd. I follow Funimation's uploads and I did NOT catch that.

Spoiler

dunno when it happens but numerous people have told me that eventually we get Kirishima's full backstory and it's basically just a long winded explanation that he has a crush on Mina and became a hero to impress her

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Nice intro screens there, right out of a comic book.

Froppy and Uravity working with Nejire and this dragon girl, nice.  And good take down of those giant villains.  Maybe things will turn around for the female heroes in this show.

What is Nejire's ability?

Wave Motion grants Nejire the ability to convert her vitality into energy that she can discharge as blast waves. 

• Like 2

Again I love how this show doesn't paint stuff in blakc or white. This guy wants to be a hero but has confidence issues and is going down the wrong path, so he is basically a villain, even though he wants to do hero work. He's even using a drug to enhance a quirk, something we haven't seen in this show before!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Again I love how this show doesn't paint stuff in blakc or white. This guy wants to be a hero but has confidence issues and is going down the wrong path, so he is basically a villain, even though he wants to do hero work. He's even using a drug to enhance a quirk, something we haven't seen in this show before!

It shows us complex characters with psychological traits that exist in many different cases in real life even. 

It's just a damn well written show 

• Thanks 3