UnevenEdge

Why are all these 2000 era rock bands pumping out radio-friendly pop electronica now?

Lytbryt

2 hours ago, Lytbryt said:

I mean do wut u gotta do to make a living i guess but cant help but feel the hearts not really in this shtick

Holy shit I've not heard Jimmy Eat World since Futures.  They've always been on the border of pop and alternative, just toeing the line and letting their deeper cuts slip into the alternative and even progressive sound.  I didn't realize they still made music but if it combines the single sensibility they've always had plus the same mood I know them for, I need to catch up on their music.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 12:33 AM, GuyBeardmane said:

Holy shit I've not heard Jimmy Eat World since Futures.  They've always been on the border of pop and alternative, just toeing the line and letting their deeper cuts slip into the alternative and even progressive sound.  I didn't realize they still made music but if it combines the single sensibility they've always had plus the same mood I know them for, I need to catch up on their music.

Idk man Ive listened to it a few times now jus not feeling it not bad but not my thing Iguess

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:06 PM, imchapp.in said:

These artists were already straddling the line with pop-rock.

But whereas riding the pop-rock wave in the Aughts involved making edgy, emotional ballads like later Blink 182 or MCR, the pop-rock of the 2010's is definted by bands like The 1975 that infuse upbeat EDM into their repertoire.

I legit cannot stand the 1975... the music is meh and the singer is god awful... I loved the Black Parade era of MCR man that shit still slaps The Black Parade is Dead is seriously one of my favorite concert films ever 

Edited by Lytbryt

• 2 months later...