UnevenEdge

To those of u who think we aint making no $$

🍬Candy🍬

2 hours ago, Quackers said:

When I worked at a drug store, the amount of money you just shared with us would be a low amount in my drawer. $1000, in likely the only register open because KMART is dying, is fucking tiny.

it'd be a high amount for me because i'd have called someone to do cash control to take the money out. some other people were more lax about it and some were more strict, but my rule was usually no more than $700. this rarely ever happened after 2011ish because most people used credit.

Edited by Naraku4656
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Another violation is storing large bills in the drawer, you always keep them under the tray, particularly when customers are around.

I also didn't see any trace of a pen being used to check them, but blight probably doesn't know how to use a pen or tries to get high huffing it....

Slight disagree. There are plenty of stores that do keep the large bills in their own tray but at my store, if you get too much you call for a till pull and the extra is taken back in it's own bag which resets the till to a less tempting amount. 

Also, the pens are not foolproof anymore. They only show if the paper is good not if the bill itself is good. UV machines are better detectors as long as you pay attention to the stickers saying which line means which actual bill. 

42 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Slight disagree. There are plenty of stores that do keep the large bills in their own tray but at my store, if you get too much you call for a till pull and the extra is taken back in it's own bag which resets the till to a less tempting amount. 

Also, the pens are not foolproof anymore. They only show if the paper is good not if the bill itself is good. UV machines are better detectors as long as you pay attention to the stickers saying which line means which actual bill. 

We had a rule, no more than 400 during December, no more than 300 otherwise and it was on the managers to keep that, not the employees.

It has been 20 years since I was in management, so back then we had pens and looking for watermarks. I'm sure things have changed since.

The important thing is that Fuggs is a vapid, obscene, obese blight and wrong....

3 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

We had a rule, no more than 400 during December, no more than 300 otherwise and it was on the managers to keep that, not the employees.

It has been 20 years since I was in management, so back then we had pens and looking for watermarks. I'm sure things have changed since.

The important thing is that Fuggs is a vapid, obscene, obese blight and wrong....

Since we can have up to 10 tills running full steam but actual cash spending can vary, cashiers who get too much before a 'randomly' scheduled pull can request an early pull. That way it isn't on any one individual [ usually me ] to constantly nose up there prior to pull. 

All pens got pitched about 15 years ago from my store since you could get a fake hundred printed on a real dollar bill and the pen would tell you it's awesome - even if it had a portrait of 'President Picard' on it. It's all about veritechs now. 

Even if Kmart wasn't closing, she wouldn't last at it. And with this particular thread, she loses a job due to being a security risk she could very easily lose her other job in insurance. If she can't even work a till without posting the info to social media, who is going to trust that she won't do the same with customers' info? :|

• Like 1