UnevenEdge

I finally finished Fire Emblem Awakening

GuyBeardmane

Yeah, I played on Normal/Casual, and I bought the DLC so I played the EXPonential Growth level over and over again to get everyone OP af.  It's a solid game, but pretty short.  26 chapter battles, but some additional paralogues and some random battles that pop up now and then.  It lets you save your Renown at the end so you can effectively do New Game Plus afterward, but probably have to relevel everyone.  My goal is to have Robin marry EVERYONE.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

Yeah, I played on Normal/Casual, and I bought the DLC so I played the EXPonential Growth level over and over again to get everyone OP af.  It's a solid game, but pretty short.  26 chapter battles, but some additional paralogues and some random battles that pop up now and then.  It lets you save your Renown at the end so you can effectively do New Game Plus afterward, but probably have to relevel everyone.  My goal is to have Robin marry EVERYONE.

Well of course it was short. :P

I really need to finish this game. I get pretty far each time, then I get sidetracked by shit and have to restart, because I'm one of those people who play games and need to restart if I haven't touched a save file in weeks.  I'd probably be able to actually clear the game in a few days if I play it on normal setting instead of classic that has perma death. 

back in 2013 or whenever it was that I bought my 3DS, for some reason I ended up getting Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance as my first game for it, and that shit gave me buyers remorse for the 3DS.

I then went and got Awakening and that shit was a WHOLE LOT better. I think I played that game and its dlc through at least 5 times. I play FE games on casual for a number of reasons, the first being I'm the type that gets attached to fictional characters and doesn't want to see them dying, second I don't agree with the purist FE players that view reloading the mission to save someone to be a punishment to force you to make better choices, I play games to have fun, not to frustrate or "punish" myself.

My first playthrough was pretty damn sloppy though, I had no clue what was going on. I think I killed Gaius and Tharja cause I didn't know you can recruit them by having Chrom talk to them. When it comes to the future kids in that playthrough, I wasn't informed too much about that aspect before hand, so I think Chrom had an NPC wife. I did hook Robin up with Sumia in that playthrough. The few future kids that were born were pretty weak since I didn't have their parents at good stats before I did their mission, some of them died cause I failed to reach them before they were killed.

From my second playthrough on I had that shit ironed out, and I played it religiously. That playthrough I had Chrom with Sumia, and I think I paired Robin with Lissa. I also grinded the living fuck out of the parents before doing the missions to get their kids, I'd get the parents to lvl 20, use that thing to upgrade their class, then level them to lvl 20 again, and then do the mission to get their kid. Because of that all the future kids that were born were like super soldiers. Additional playthroughs had me do Chrom x Robin, Robin x Lucina, and a Robin x Tharja.

That said though, I didn't like Fates at all. I bought both games at launch and could only get through ~10 missions of Birthright before I quit. The grind was bullshit in that game where I'd only get like 4-7 exp for killing enemies, and I didn't like the way they handled the characters, aside from the ones that were directly brought over from Awakening, there were many characters from Fates that felt like they just copy and pasted character personalities from Awakening. Also that was the one where it felt more like a dating sim with a combat strategy game tacced on. You got your devoted maid characters, two clingy little sister character types, two older sister types, and many other characters that really enforced the feeling that I was playing something that was meant to be a dating sim but they had to make it fit in as a FE game.

Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts