UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Season 4 Dub Will Release Alongside The Sub .... On FunimationNOW

The1gairon

33 minutes ago, elfie said:

So. One of the biggest shonen anime successes in years is returning and Toonami, IF it ever gets Season 4, will NOT be a premiere dub OR sub, sacrificing possible heightened ratings.

Toonami can potentially get it on the same day. If they are, we should get an announcement sometime this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Toonami can potentially get it on the same day. If they are, we should get an announcement sometime this week.

There's honestly no other reasonable explanation as to why the announcement is taking so long. Even if they were trying to shoe-horn Dragon Ball Super into the lineup somewhere in the back, there's no way it would have taken THIS long to announce that!

Edited by OwlChemist81

14 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

There's honestly no other reasonable explanation as to why the announcement is taking so long. Even if they were trying to shoe-horn Dragon Ball Super into the lineup somewhere in the back, there's no way it would have taken THIS long to announce that!

One big reason is that from past experience we know that Toonami announces their shows only the week before it starts.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Daos said:

That's Funimation's biggest show dude. It's never airing on Toonami as a dub premiere.

Never ever.

That’s partly why I consider FunimationNow a main Toonami competitor. They’ll always prioritize it over letting the block dub premeire anything. 

But regardless they should make an announcement before the season airs whether or not they are getting it. Otherwise I see no reason why anyone who is interested in the show to wait around 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, elfie said:

One big reason is that from past experience we know that Toonami announces their shows only the week before it starts.

That has only been the case whenever they have something BIG to announce, as was the case recently with Food Wars, Fire Force, and Dr. Stone. Both of the big Oct. 12 shows have already been announced, so that means either they're having headaches figuring out how to arrange everything, or there's another show that's on the lineup that for some reason still can't be announced yet. Here's what I'm hoping for:

9 PM: Bob's Burgers
9:30: Family Guy x2
10:30: My Hero Academia Season 4
11 PM: One-Punch Man Season 2
11:30: Demon Slayer
12-3 AM: Toonami as it is now
3 AM: Lupin III Part 5
3:30: Dragon Ball Super (131 only; off lineup 10/19)
4 AM: DBZ Kai (moves up to 3:30 the following week)
10/19: 4 AM gen:LOCK UNCUT (ends 4:45 10/19 and 12/7, 4:30 all other weeks)

Edited by OwlChemist81

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That has only been the case whenever they have something BIG to announce, as was the case recently with Food Wars, Fire Force, and Dr. Stone. Both of the big Oct. 12 shows have already been announced, so that means either they're having headaches figuring out how to arrange everything, or there's another show that's on the lineup that for some reason still can't be announced yet. Here's what I'm hoping for:

I would like GL to get an uncut broadcast even if it’s around 4 or 5am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It has to be MHA. Although it could be Mob but I can’t see the huge delay in announcing it. 

11 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Eh. I wouldn't put MHA at the front of the block. We know how that turned out LAST time. :P But then again, DB Super won't be in the equation anymore, so no one can properly judge.

8 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

welp we now know MHA S4 isn't coming anytime soon with the Jojo Announcement and toonami sticking to DBS Reruns being the lead-in

what about the MHA rerun that ends a month after season 4 premiers? The DBZ rerun at the front might just be a placeholder that gets kicked to the end when the time comes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daos said:

It took Demarco like... 3 years to get the original MHA on Toonami?

Srsly, it's their biggest show right now. They're not letting Toonami have it until it's been milked.

Are you really going to blame that on Funimation and not Demarco's cluelessness and incompetence?

25 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

what about the MHA rerun that ends a month after season 4 premiers? The DBZ rerun at the front might just be a placeholder that gets kicked to the end when the time comes.

Well, then that is our last sliver of hope.  I actually had suggested before that the reason for the reruns restarting where they did was for when they end, Season 4 premieres (but not in that time slot, obviously.)  But I'm not holding my breath.