UnevenEdge

who else loves the fact they've scaled back on marathons?

CountFrylock

Well I can't say I'm surprised YOU made this topic CountFryLock.

It's been nice not having marathons and the amount of premieres Toonami has had this year is nothing short of astounding.

I don't mind a marathon every now and then but not having one since December is a welcome change of pace.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 1:32 AM, Sketch said:

Well I can't say I'm surprised YOU made this topic CountFryLock.

It's been nice not having marathons and the amount of premieres Toonami has had this year is nothing short of astounding.

I don't mind a marathon every now and then but not having one since December is a welcome change of pace.

Yeah, but looking at the ratings, you must agree we probably SHOULD have had one on the 4th of July. However, I understand WHY we didn't. CN was going to gobble up the 8 PM hour (starting this Monday) and lose Dragon Ball Super's encore, which probably would have thrown it in Breach-Of-Contract. Then again, I guess they could have just encored it at 4 AM instead...

Looking forward to seeing what the October 12th schedule will be (with dub premieres of OPM S2 and Demon Slayer), but if I'm right, DBS 131 will be somewhere on there...

• Like 1

Personally, I tend to like the occasional marathon. That way I don't feel too bad if I pass out early. :D

And, I do kind of rely on some marathons - like Labor Day weekend - to ensure that I don't miss any new episodes if I happen to be doing something else that evening. This year I made it back to the hotel in time but other years have been long nights. 

I don't want to go online to play catch-up. I'm selfish like that. :P:D