UnevenEdge

Some info on home media releases...

Blatch

If you've got any money in your pockets, listen up: For the month of May, if you're not already hedging it to buy Funimation's release of Shonen Maid (like I might), you can spend it on the show with the lovely robot girl.

The release of Dimension W can be attained via a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack, or the Limited Edition, which includes... art cards. And some bonus artwork from the Japanese BDs. That's it. But regardless of release, you can finally watch that long-awaited OVA... which is apparently about bathhouses. Like I expected. And yet you wonder why Toonami never once thought about airing it.

LOL... expect Owlchemist to go on a tangent about how they should play Episode 13 after JoJo's ends or some shit to promote the release.

On Viz's side, their release of One-Punch Man comes out close to the end of April. You can get either a DVD, Blu-ray (with six OVAs from I assume the Japanese manga releases), or an LE combo-pack which includes some art cards and a booklet. What fun!

And the word on the street is that Sentai has something planned for a past Toonami show some of us have adored... whenever it comes, I'm sure we'll be able to negotiate a good price for it.

If you've got any money in your pockets, listen up: For the month of May, if you're not already hedging it to buy Funimation's release of Shonen Maid (like I might), you can spend it on the show with the lovely robot girl.

The release of Dimension W can be attained via a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack, or the Limited Edition, which includes... art cards. And some bonus artwork from the Japanese BDs. That's it. But regardless of release, you can finally watch that long-awaited OVA... which is apparently about bathhouses. Like I expected. And yet you wonder why Toonami never once thought about airing it.

LOL... expect Owlchemist to go on a tangent about how they should play Episode 13 after JoJo's ends or some shit to promote the release.

On Viz's side, their release of One-Punch Man comes out close to the end of April. You can get either a DVD, Blu-ray (with six OVAs from I assume the Japanese manga releases), or an LE combo-pack which includes some art cards and a booklet. What fun!

And the word on the street is that Sentai has something planned for a past Toonami show some of us have adored... whenever it comes, I'm sure we'll be able to negotiate a good price for it.

Not to mention One Piece Film Gold and the tv-special linked to it One Piece - Heart of Gold come out May 2nd!

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/bld-00432/

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/bld-00433/

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Dragon-Ball-Z-Kai-The-Final-Chapters-Part-2-DVD

This is crazy, they're going to have all of it out by the end of the summer. They'll be a year ahead of Toonami. I thought the had some deal where Toonami had to air it first before it gets released and that was what was holding it up. I wish they got to continue to have it as a dub premiere.

Dimension W might not sell a single copy.

Shuddup. :P

I'm sure there will be some normies who pick up the show because they find it to be mildly interesting. I've thought about giving it a pity purchase, but it would probably be better to watch the show for free on-demand before deciding on whether to make a purchase.

Also, I neglected to mention the DBZKFC set. It is pretty interesting how Funi is ramming through it so quickly, and it makes you wonder why the hell they had to wait so long to get it out to begin with.

That still doesn't explain why they didn't put it on the 'Blu back in... say, 2015. If it was mostly dubbed by then, why not do so? Unless there was a particular stipulation in the contract...

Most likely a contract. Like maybe it needed to air on tv first.

Probably a TOEi thing.  It's nice that they're putting it out, I just wish they would put it out a little slower so Toonami can have it exclusively for awhile. Don't  forget, the second the dvds come out, the dub goes out on pirate sites all over the internet and someone who wants to watch It can.