UnevenEdge

workworkworkworkworkworkworkwork

Naraku4656

Uggh. I'm still not actually working.. I take my drivers test June 21 for my class b to work as a school bus driver.. This shit is insane. They called me in for an interview sometime in May I think.. I got through all their weeding out criteria.. and bullshit classroom training, but they don't pay anything until you get your license and start picking up kids. That shit needs to change. idk. Supposingly I've been getting through the process fast according to them though, and I mean I do  want to take my time learning all the bus controls, and how to follow all the laws and policies behind the wheel of one.. 

egghh.. This post is getting long. Long story short school bus drivers should have a better program where I'm at it's ridiculous. Most of the reason people don't want to do school bus work here is probably because if you don't already have a class b you have to spend two or three months without pay training to get it. I mean no one really wants to be responsible for other peoples little hoodlums either I'm sure, but I'm just tired of not getting paid already. :/

I wouldn't mind doing that right now honestly..   that's my point.  I was actually overweight for the national guard when they measured me. Ofcourse the recruiter seems stupid to the whole process, but since I'm "prior service"... he's probably focusing on getting new blood in anyway. Makes me mad a bit because he thought I'd get through inprocessing without having to lose wieght.. but fuck him. Fuck MEPS too because they are making me lose 13 lbs/

Hopefully I'm making progress because I found an mmo I want to spend a bit a of time with and that does usually make it hard for me to want to exercise all the time. 

At any rate. It's been weird to have a "company" make me take all these physicals, and drug tests, call me in for training a few hours a day, and still leave me unreinbursed for my time. I knew howthe process was, and since I was getting unemployment from a global employer I went for it. Still my unemployment is almsot out of money... I'm not ancient with a savings to reflect it, and the process has been awkward with this company..

At least I will get more experience in IT with my NG job though. I'm sure it will look great on my resume having a job that entails setting up, troubleshooting, and...etc..the governments active coms in an area... I.E. electricity, internet, etc... 

Now my fat ass probably needs to lose some more wieght after making this post. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

On 6/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

I wouldn't mind doing that right now honestly..   that's my point.  I was actually overweight for the national guard when they measured me. Ofcourse the recruiter seems stupid to the whole process, but since I'm "prior service"... he's probably focusing on getting new blodd in anyway. Makes me mad a bit because he thought O'd get through inprocessing without having to lose wieght.. but fuck him. Fuck MEPS too because they are making me lose 13 lbs/

Hopefully I'm making progress because I found an mmo I want to spend a bit a of time with and that does usually make it hard for me to want to exercize all the time. 

At any rate. It's been weird to have a "company" make me take all these physicals, and drug tests, call me in for training a few hours a day, and still leave me unreinbursed for my time. I knew howthe process was, and since I was getting unemployment from a global employer I went for it. Still my unemployment is almsot out of money... I'm not ancient with a savings to reflect it, and the process has been awkward with this company..

At least I will get more experience in IT with my NG job though. I'm sure it will look great on my resume having a job that entails setting up, troubleshooting, and...etc..the governments active coms in an area... I.E. electrictity, internet, etc... 

Now my fat ass probably needs to lose some more wieght after making this post. 

Wait, are you doing both school bus driving and the national guard thing?

On 6/10/2019 at 6:07 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

Uggh. I'm still not actually working.. I take my drivers test June 21 for my class b to work as a school bus driver.. This shit is insane. They called me in for an interview sometime in May I think.. I got through all their weeding out criteria.. and bullshit classroom training, but they don't pay anything until you get your license and start picking up kids. That shit needs to change. idk. Supposingly I've been getting through the process fast according to them though, and I mean I do  want to take my time learning all the bus controls, and how to follow all the laws and policies behind the wheel of one.. 

egghh.. This post is getting long. Long story short school bus drivers should have a better program where I'm at it's ridiculous. Most of the reason people don't want to do school bus work here is probably because if you don't already have a class b you have to spend two or three months without pay training to get it. I mean no one really wants to be responsible for other peoples little hoodlums either I'm sure, but I'm just tired of not getting paid already. :/

Both my grandma and my mother were bus drivers...

you're welcome.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Wait, are you doing both school bus driving and the national guard thing?

Yes. The national guard just drills a few weekends a month, and has some longer training exercises in the summer so it should work perfectly with a school bus driving job since the drivers are more or less unemployed while schools out for the summer. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
speeling error.
  • Like 1