UnevenEdge

Boondocks Season 5 confirmed by John Witherspoon!!

I'd say that's possible. It is funny that during 2019's Boondocks rerun, Season 4 has not seen the light of day, only Seasons 1-3 (but I believe it did in either 2017 or 2018, perhaps both).

What I would like to see to usher in Season 5 is a special 2-week Boondocks one-hour special of the U.S. premiere of each banned episode from Season 2, followed by the rerun of the 2 episodes that got one-offed from season 3. Maybe for Black History month 2020, that should be a thing.

Come to think of it, I've always found it weird that Toonami shows just let "shit" fly since 2015, but reruns of the Boondocks have the 4-letter "S" word bleeped, no matter what hour they air. In a lead-up to Season 5, a rerun of the first 4 seasons uncensored would be cool! I know that also includes the "F" word, but if Syfy can get away with saying it during TZGZ, so can [as] at that time of night.

And frankly, I've always found it quite insulting that the "Return of the King" episode doesn't claim at least one timeslot every MLK night.

9 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Come to think of it, I've always found it weird that Toonami shows just let "shit" fly since 2015, but reruns of the Boondocks have the 4-letter "S" word bleeped, no matter what hour they air.

Not necessarily. Two of the eight season 4 episodes I saw had uncensored S-bombs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ric said:

So nothing offically announced then?

I'm guessing any official-official announcement would happen no sooner than July 18-21, aka SDCC. It would include a trailer because they'd have something to show by then or at least have something thrown together specifically for the announcement.

• Like 1

And for those who are wondering about censorship issues, there may be only the 'usual' type such as boxing nudity and killing f-bombs. Episodes as written might air at least once before some random knob cries about their fee-fees but I'm guessing it'll air late at night anyway so those people will have to go out of their way to stay up past their old-fart bedtime schedule to actually catch on tv.

I say this because I noticed on the episode that aired this past Friday [ 'Guess Hoe's Coming to Dinner' ] they did NOT play the radio edit version of 'Gold Digger' . The radio edit version was the only one airing before with the unedited version appearing on the DVDs. I would say that if they've lightened up on that particular edit, there's a good chance that any actual edits that occur in the new season will have real reasons and not just because some ancient piece of paper out of Turner Legal says so. 

• Like 1

Standards and practices were obviously "relaxed" in 2014 when Boondocks Season 4 aired. If Toonami shows can get away with it, so can Boondocks Season 5!

But apparently even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 couldn't get away with "boner" or "erection" in its final episode, while Archer: 1999 can.

Edited by OwlChemist81

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Standards and practices were obviously "relaxed" in 2014 when Boondocks Season 4 aired. If Toonami shows can get away with it, so can Boondocks Season 5!

But apparently even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 couldn't get away with "boner" or "erection" in its final episode, while Archer: 1999 can.

shit was officially allowed when Storage Zeebles aired (though some are still bleeped)

"it gave me a rock hard cock"

also, uh, Gold Digger was always uncensored, and John's statement here doesn't mean anything

Normally, I would agree with you, but we need The Boondocks to return and tear Trump a new ass!

This semi-dystopian era in which "tea party" Alt-Right somehow became socially acceptable needs McGruder and his scathing critique!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

True there's plenty of ammo they could use, but it's all about how they execute it, the Boondocks lost its flair in it's latest season, it felt empty and out of touch, if it comes back it's gonna need to regain that, a show with social commentary needs to feel fresh and relevant to be effective.

18 hours ago, korosu said:

also, uh, Gold Digger was always uncensored, and John's statement here doesn't mean anything

Actually, nope. It originally had the radio edit [ 'she ain't messing with no broke-broke' ] for aire. I remember that very distinctly because I thought it was a pretty stupid and petty edit considering the use of the word in question was otherwise pretty open throughout the episode. 

I remember the stupidest crap sometimes and this happens to be one of those times. :D

Just now, katt_goddess said:

Actually, nope. It originally had the radio edit [ 'she ain't messing with no broke-broke' ] for aire. I remember that very distinctly because I thought it was a pretty stupid and petty edit considering the use of the word in question was otherwise pretty open throughout the episode. 

I remember the stupidest crap sometimes and this happens to be one of those times. :D

i have a recording of the original airing. the n word is there.

55 minutes ago, korosu said:

Gold_Digger.mkv

My computer doesn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole. That doesn't mean it's a bad link, it just means my computer hates everything right now and I don't feel like checking everything and updating some random item. Windows 10 acts like such a virus some days. :| I have no original airings on my end that I'm aware of, [ as ] sent me the first season on disc so if I did have a VHS of things anywhere they are gone now. Agree to disagree; in the end this isn't a hill to die on. :D My point is that should there be a 5th season, I have reason to believe that editing will be more towards the types of things that would get edited anyway and less towards stupid crap that no one but 60-70 year old legal fossils at Turner would notice. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...