UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 6 Discussion

StarPanda

Does anyone know what the hell is going on in this show?

It throws you in the middle of everything without explaining anything, and there's like 50 different plot threads going on at the same time.  The recaps where the narrator actually SAYS what happens and names characters and factions make more sense than the actual episodes.

Full Frontal looks as dumb as his name.  This guy would look more in place if he was in Sailor Moon.  They act like this guy could be Char (who died) when the kids were talking like that war was ancient history.  So even if he wasn't killed in battle I didn't think this show took place in his lifetime.

What the fuck kind of name is Banagher?

Does anyone know what the hell is going on in this show?

It throws you in the middle of everything without explaining anything, and there's like 50 different plot threads going on at the same time.  The recaps where the narrator actually SAYS what happens and names characters and factions make more sense than the actual episodes.

Full Frontal looks as dumb as his name.  This guy would look more in place if he was in Sailor Moon.  They act like this guy could be Char (who died) when the kids were talking like that war was ancient history.  So even if he wasn't killed in battle I didn't think this show took place in his lifetime.

Yes. To be fair I saw it in OVA form already. What do you need to know?

It does because this is a war that's been going on and off since original Gundam.  But the important part is everyone is after Laplace's Box which can potentially overthrow the Federation due to it's contents that supposedly relate to the founding of the Universal Century calendar. Only higher ups knew it existed and virtually no one knows what it really contains.

Are you sure Char died? ;)

Anyway, people consider him "The Second Coming of Char".

Yes.

It does because this is a war that's been going on and off since original Gundam.  But the important part is everyone is after Laplace's Box which can potentially overthrow the Federation due to it's contents that supposedly relate to the founding of the Universal Century calendar. Only higher ups know it exists and virtually no one knows what it really contains.

Are you sure Char died? ;)

Sounds like a McGuffin to me.  And I don't know anything about this founding of the Universal Century thing.  Just saying, it's kind of hard to care about the characters or events when you don't know what's going on.  IBO was much more straightforward.  This show doesn't seem like it can stand on its own without knowing the rest of the UC Gundam stuff, most of which I didn't like and/or watch.

Sure seemed that way.  Either way, this guy looks fatter and has dumber hair.  So I guess this doesn't take place a hundred years later or whatever.  And if Char lived I sure hope Amuro didn't.  He was annoying.

Sounds like a McGuffin to me.  And I don't know anything about this founding of the Universal Century thing.  Just saying, it's kind of hard to care about the characters or events when you don't know what's going on.  IBO was much more straightforward.  This show doesn't seem like it can stand on its own without knowing the rest of the UC Gundam stuff, most of which I didn't like and/or watch.

Sure seemed that way.  Either way, this guy looks fatter and has dumber hair.  So I guess this doesn't take place a hundred years later or whatever.  And if Char lived I sure hope Amuro didn't.  He was annoying.

It's only episode 6, Banagher doesn't even know everything yet. We're learning with him.

Definitely a McGuffin type thing tho!

Yeah. This Char should definitely cut his hair! LOL