UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 6 Discussion

StarPanda

Sounds like a McGuffin to me.  And I don't know anything about this founding of the Universal Century thing.  Just saying, it's kind of hard to care about the characters or events when you don't know what's going on.  IBO was much more straightforward.  This show doesn't seem like it can stand on its own without knowing the rest of the UC Gundam stuff, most of which I didn't like and/or watch.

Sure seemed that way.  Either way, this guy looks fatter and has dumber hair.  So I guess this doesn't take place a hundred years later or whatever.  And if Char lived I sure hope Amuro didn't.  He was annoying.

It's kind of in between in my opinion. You can kind of watch without knowing UC since most of the main characters are a new generation (Banagher, Audrey/Mineva, etc.), but yeah the more you know certainly helps you get in quicker like knowing the factions, who Char was, etc.

And some familiar faces will show up in minor roles later.

Yeah, it's definitely 80's hair.

Nah, this takes place 3 years after the Char's Counterattack movie (UC0093).

Not really Unicorn related but yeah, Char's probably dead.

It's kind of in between in my opinion. You can kind of watch without knowing UC since most of the main characters are a new generation (Banagher, Audrey/Mineva, etc.), but yeah the more you know certainly helps you get in quicker.

Yeah, it's definitely 80's hair.

Nah, this takes place 3 years after the Char's Counterattack movie (UC0093).

Not really Unicorn related but yeah, Char's probably dead.

Yeah the completely new generation of characters and the kids talking about the war like it was a long time ago were what made me think this had to at least be decades later.  A primer would've definitely helped, I think.  But the show just jumps right in.  And that flash forward in the first episode doesn't help.  Confusing.

Yeah that wasn't explained at all, unless I missed it somehow.

And I usually don't get confused by shows.  But this one.. x_x

Yeah the completely new generation of characters and the kids talking about the war like it was a long time ago were what made me think this had to at least be decades later.  A primer would've definitely helped, I think.  But the show just jumps right in.  And that flash forward in the first episode doesn't help.  Confusing.

Yeah that wasn't explained at all, unless I missed it somehow.

And I usually don't get confused by shows.  But this one.. x_x

It was actually a flashback to the founding of the Universal Century UC0001 that opened the show, concluding with the explosion of that station (Laplace). Then we flashed forward to current time UC0096.

Hmmm, I thought the narrator mentioned it once at the beginning but yeah it's not directly related to Banagher's story so it kind of makes sense his generation would talk about it just as part of the war.

I forget what the one line we hear from the teacher that one time we see Banagher in class was too though.

I fell asleep at the first commercial break, but watched the last ten minutes of the episode online. Not a lot really went on in this episode anyway. I actually find the parallels between Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Unicorn to be a little bit annoying and wish the characters would branch out and develop their own personalities.