UnevenEdge

My problem with the new Rocky/Creed movies is

Greeny

the adversaries look like pussies. The guy in Rocky Balboa looked more like a basketball player than a boxer, and the guy in Creed has bitch tits and no muscles. Rocky or Apollo on their worst day would have absolutely destroyed these guys without breaking a sweat.

2 minutes ago, midnight said:

I've only seen the first 5 Rocky movies. I have all of them, but have not watched Rocky Balboa, or the two Creed movies.

I'd watch Rocky Balboa for sure. Creed is a toss up and I haven't seen Creed II yet.

• Like 1

Just now, Greeny said:

I'd watch Rocky Balboa for sure. Creed is a toss up and I haven't seen Creed II yet.

I recently got the original 5 and RB on bluray. I haven't watched the first 5 in a long time. I need to make it a Rocky marathon day soon, and power through all 8.

I need to do the same with the Die Hard movies.

Just now, midnight said:

I recently got the original 5 and RB on bluray. I haven't watched the first 5 in a long time. I need to make it a Rocky marathon day soon, and power through all 8.

I need to do the same with the Die Hard movies.

Rocky I through IV have been on tv a lot lately and I try to catch them every time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That_One_Guy said:

You're fucking crazy dude. Drago is a genetic freak. He's naturally 6'6" and 200+ pounds

So? How much of that strength came from doping him up? Clubber was a beast in his own right. It took every bit of energy Rocky had to take him down.

3 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

Drago killed a barely out of shape Apollo Creed. End of 

Maybe I wasn't clear. I want to see Clubber vs. non-doped up Drago.

Either that or dope Clubber up too. I think on an even playing field, Clubber would beat him.

but.....those guys were world champion boxers....Antonio Tarver and Tony Bellew

Those muscle bound guys Rocky used to fight looked good but moved like toddlers....you can't seriously tell me you couldn't notice the difference

3 hours ago, Mix said:

Those muscle bound guys Rocky used to fight looked good but moved like toddlers....you can't seriously tell me you couldn't notice the difference

There is a difference between fight fans and movie fans....I was going to make a similar post, but with far more snark, condescending overtones, and outright insults to their manhood......But this shall suffice.

Honestly I don't even think Mr. T ever had ANY formal fight training, and Dolph....If I remember correctly trained in martial arts, but pretty sure he couldn't fight his way out of a pillow fort......I don't remember any other Rocky adversaries.

Edited by cyberbully

34 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

There is a difference between fight fans and movie fans....I was going to make a similar post, but with far more snark, condescending overtones, and outright insults to their manhood......But this shall suffice.

Honestly I don't even think Mr. T ever had ANY formal fight training, and Dolf....If I remember correctly trained it martial arts, but pretty sure he couldn't fight his way out of a pillow fort......I don't remember any other Rocky adversaries.

Tommy Gunn "Morrison" was a boxer, he died a few years ago actually.

Just now, cyberbully said:

I.....I don't know who that is.

Oh, Rocky V.....I think i saw it but I'm sure it was during my coke and hard liquor days.

It wasn't good, like at all. The ending was a street brawl that was reminiscent of double dragon.... But awful.

4 hours ago, Mix said:

My point is, it's a movie about boxing. The bad guy should look intimidating. When I have more muscle tone than the villain it's hard to take him seriously. Carl Weathers LOOKS like he'd vaporize my skull with one punch.

6 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Honestly I don't even think Mr. T ever had ANY formal fight training, and Dolph....If I remember correctly trained in martial arts, but pretty sure he couldn't fight his way out of a pillow fort......I don't remember any other Rocky adversaries.

I should have left it to you.....I was just so let down I couldn't come up with anything