UnevenEdge

Production IG to make first 4K hand drawn anime for Netflix, do not say what it’s called or what it’s about

Jman

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I thought humans couldn't even really see in 4K.  It's just a BS gimmick to sell more expensive crap.

https://www.nbcnews.com/technology/enough-pixels-already-tvs-tablets-phones-surpass-limits-human-vision-2d11691618

Again.  Needless push in technology.  If humans cannot see it, why even do it?  It's like some videos being rendered in 120 frames per second now!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 9:02 PM, elfie said:

Where the fuck does Calarts factor into any of this?

Con usually means “money went towards something it wasn’t supposed to” (Crunchyroll’s eternal black eye High Guardian Spice) or “promising something not delivered”.  Neither happened here.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:46 PM, Top Gun said:

It's not about "seeing in 4K," it's about the pixel density of the device you're looking at. A huge 80-inch TV viewed from a few feet away is absolutely noticeable, but the same can't be said for a dinky little 5-inch phone screen. 

...which obviously means streaming is an absolutely relevant medium to try it out on. 🙄

Streaming may have gotten much better, but it still can't hold a candle to cable/satellite just yet.

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

So all those bean mouths are just coincidence then?

521.jpg

See this is why I hate that meme. It's bullshit. There is NO Calarts style, it became popular to say because some dumbfuck of a pedo Nicktoon creator was bent out of shape and he was famous at the time. Look at that. Steven Universe is part of that image and Rebecca Sugar never even WENT to Calarts!! Neither did the creators of Gumball, they went to school in an entirely different country! Plus, don't a ton of acclaimed Disney feature animation directors go to Calarts!!? Would you say that's the same kind of animation too!?

Sometimes I feel like I need to remind people that I have a background in fine arts and animation.

Edited by elfie