UnevenEdge

It was a simpler time...

tsar4

image.png.50e32cc108e3459af77948c4e6819af0.png

As an infant, I had colic.  The picture is a more involved recipe than my Dr. had prescribed.  Drop the Lemon Juice and Honey.

One time, my Mom forgot and gave me a second dose...I was plastered before I was 1 yr. old!  My Dad said he smacked my butt & I just laughed. 

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yes, parenting in the 20th century. Very responsible. 😆

Hey, it worked!  I'm still here & it was by Dr.'s orders.  Probably more responsible than handing out opioids or 90% of the stuff advertised on TV (the commercials that are immediately followed by a commercial for an attorney suing the pharma because of the side effects of the drug on the previous commercial)...way, way cheaper too. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

God damn... I didn't think anyone was even still alive from back then

We were tougher back then, zeni.  Our playground slides were metal, jungle gyms had exposed bolt heads & nuts, most playgrounds were built on concrete or asphalt.  We had lead in our paint, our water pipes and our gasoline.  That which did not kill us, only made us stronger...

However, what it did to the genes we contributed to our descendants...eating Tide Pods???  Seriously?  You kids ain't right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Hey, it worked!  I'm still here & it was by Dr.'s orders.  Probably more responsible than handing out opioids or 90% of the stuff advertised on TV (the commercials that are immediately followed by a commercial for an attorney suing the pharma because of the side effects of the drug on the previous commercial)...way, way cheaper too. 

Dude, relax. I’m gen x, I clearly remember being under 10, in the front seat of my parent’s car with nothing but a lap belt. 

Hey, I’m still here. 😆

39 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Dude, relax. I’m gen x, I clearly remember being under 10, in the front seat of my parent’s car with nothing but a lap belt. 

Hey, I’m still here. 😆

Sorry, did I sound po'd or something?

Don't think my Dad's DeSoto had seatbelts.

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm pretty sure even today no one gives opioids to infants.

I was broadening the prescriptions to patients of all ages.  While prescribing booze may have its own issues, it's still cheaper and probably easier to walk away from. 

4 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I was already 17 at the turn of 21st Century, so I experienced a lot of being parented in the 20th century, but I don't remember my parents ever giving 1 year old me any alcohol as medicine.

The alcohol was already in the medicine.

@Still Me - aren't most elixirs compounded with alcohol? I know that historically they were, I'm just not sure how much it's changed.

Guest PosterPoser

i remember i used that recipe back in college.  

mutated a cold into hiv.

i had to smoke copious amounts of ganja to mutate it back.