UnevenEdge

Cocaine's a hell of a drug

Doom Metal Alchemist

I don't know why I was thinking about cocaine the other day, but I was.

Now, I'm not the type to do drugs. I've been paying so little attention to the props that were just voted on in my state, but I think pot is legal here now. I still don't plan on using it. Ever. However, if I were to try it, fuck smoking it. I'd rather try an edible.

That said, with cocaine, fuck snorting it. I'd rather smoke it. I guess a lot today's drug addicts feel the same way. Though please understand there is no way I'm ever trying cocaine.

Before there was crack, everyone and their mother in certain industries was snorting cocaine like 24/7. I don't understand how anyone could snort anything up their nose, regardless of what it is. I've had really bad allergies all my life, and I could just imagine snorting powder would only exacerbate that. If crack didn't exist, I'd rather try literally any other drug under the sun before cocaine. Or, you know, no drugs at all. That would be fine too.

And in old TV shows and movies (or current shows/movies set in the 70s/80s) characters often put a little cocaine on their teeth. Does that get one high too? Why wouldn't everyone do that instead of snorting it? Snorting it up your nose just seems like the absolute dumbest way to possibly get any substance of any kind into your body.  Could you not eat the powder? Mix it into a drink?

I think the inventor of crack thought along similar lines. Like "There's got to be some way I can take cocaine without flaring up my damn allergies." Voila, crack was invented.

I take adderall, so coke might not affect me as extreme as it would others. I did go on an LSD trip as a kid by mistake one time. If you have a stoner friend and they have sugar cubes sitting out don't put them in your coffee. For the most part it just made the ground wavy, then your mind makes you think it has bugs crawling in it, and since it's wavy they are inching towards you, climbing up your skin, getting closer to your face, rubbing against your eye lids.

Nah you've got the whole issue misunderstood.

If you were gonna try any substance you would try Mary Jane. Its exponentially safer, cheaper and more fun then cocaine. Also you wouldn't want to eat it. You'd get the dosage wrong and accidentally ingest to much. Trust me you don't want to do this, if you've never tried pot before getting high would cause you anxiety rather then fun. Take one single inhale of pot and see how you like it first. If likey likey then take another inhale. Real simple.

I take adderall, so coke might not affect me as extreme as it would others. I did go on an LSD trip as a kid by mistake one time. If you have a stoner friend and they have sugar cubes sitting out don't put them in your coffee. For the most part it just made the ground wavy, then your mind makes you think it has bugs crawling in it, and since it's wavy they are inching towards you, climbing up your skin, getting closer to your face, rubbing against your eye lids.

omg

If you were gonna try any substance you would try Mary Jane. Its exponentially safer, cheaper and more fun then cocaine. Also you wouldn't want to eat it. You'd get the dosage wrong and accidentally ingest to much. Trust me you don't want to do this, if you've never tried pot before getting high would cause you anxiety rather then fun. Take one single inhale of pot and see how you like it first. If likey likey then take another inhale. Real simple.

The issue with coke is unless you have someone with the mixing skills of a chemist or at a least pastry chef, you're going to have a different dose each time. This is usually why an OD happens, because someone might have been going wild and snorting line after line and been fine. Then they do the same thing next time and die. It's because the first time they were snorting a good amount of baking powder and salt mixed with coke. The ratio changed and they did the same amount because they thought they could handle it and it didn't pan out. If someone were hell bent on trying it I would say stick with a smidgen spoon (google it), and see where it goes from there. Another issue with coke is that it's one of those chasing the dragon drugs. First it's a wild ride, then you get diminishing returns, and you keep doing more trying to hit that original high again. Also the come down from coke makes people mean as hell and paranoid. One friend I remember had been coming down, someone drank the last of his milk. He cussed out everyone and pulled out a gun and started shooting it though the walls and his one door. The funny thing was that we acted like his reaction was normal and jagged our other friend for drinking the milk like it was the most unreasonable thing that has ever been done.

You misunderstood, IF I were to try a recreational drug, it would definitely be pot, not cocaine. But I don't plan on using pot either.

There's got to be low dosage edibles though, right? I don't want to smoke!

The issue with coke is unless you have someone with the mixing skills of a chemist or at a least pastry chef, you're going to have a different dose each time. This is usually why an OD happens, because someone might have been going wild and snorting line after line and been fine. Then they do the same thing next time and die. It's because the first time they were snorting a good amount of baking powder and salt mixed with coke. The ratio changed and they did the same amount because they thought they could handle it and it didn't pan out. If someone were hell bent on trying it I would say stick with a smidgen spoon (google it), and see where it goes from there. Another issue with coke is that it's one of those chasing the dragon drugs. First it's a wild ride, then you get diminishing returns, and you keep doing more trying to hit that original high again. Also the come down from coke makes people mean as hell and paranoid. One friend I remember had been coming down, someone drank the last of his milk. He cussed out everyone and pulled out a gun and started shooting it though the walls and his one door. The funny thing was that we acted like his reaction was normal and jagged our other friend for drinking the milk like it was the most unreasonable thing that has ever been done.

Extremely informative post coupled with an amusing anecdote. Have an upvote!  :)

Now, I'm not the type to do drugs. I've been paying so little attention to the props that were just voted on in my state, but I think pot is legal here now. I still don't plan on using it. Ever. However, if I were to try it, fuck smoking it. I'd rather try an edible.

That said, with cocaine, fuck snorting it. I'd rather smoke it. I guess a lot today's drug addicts feel the same way. Though please understand there is no way I'm ever trying cocaine.

Before there was crack, everyone and their mother in certain industries was snorting cocaine like 24/7. I don't understand how anyone could snort anything up their nose, regardless of what it is. I've had really bad allergies all my life, and I could just imagine snorting powder would only exacerbate that. If crack didn't exist, I'd rather try literally any other drug under the sun before cocaine. Or, you know, no drugs at all. That would be fine too.

And in old TV shows and movies (or current shows/movies set in the 70s/80s) characters often put a little cocaine on their teeth. Does that get one high too? Why wouldn't everyone do that instead of snorting it? Snorting it up your nose just seems like the absolute dumbest way to possibly get any substance of any kind into your body.  Could you not eat the powder? Mix it into a drink?

I think the inventor of crack thought along similar lines. Like "There's got to be some way I can take cocaine without flaring up my damn allergies." Voila, crack was invented.

I don't know if anyone answered this yet or not....

No, if you rub it on your gums they'll tingle and go numb. 

When I worked at a Dealership most of the guys that sold cars did Coke, that's the answer that was given to me when I saw them do said actions. 

Like, no bullshit.  They'd bring a car over to get the paint touched up and always ask to use the bathroom so they could snort some rails. 

I don't know if anyone answered this yet or not....

No, if you rub it on your gums they'll tingle and go numb. 

When I worked at a Dealership most of the guys that sold cars did Coke, that's the answer that was given to me when I saw them do said actions. 

Like, no bullshit.  They'd bring a car over to get the paint touched up and always ask to use the bathroom so they could snort some rails.

I don't know why anyone would care to have numb and tingly gums, but ok.  ;D

I mean, obviously unless you're at the dentist or have some kind of mouth injury or something.

it's more or less to test the substance on tv, or to see how good it is IRL I assume. 

it's not like you're walking around slobbering everywhere like you just got your wisdom teeth removed.  It's like a hey there's not enough left for a rail... let's make use of it.

Again, I never got into any hard stuff so I dunno.

I smoked a shit ton of weed when I was in college and, I tried Shrooms 3 times... I never once tripped or enjoyed what was happening. 

Guest The Hound

I will never do coke.

Just crack. Tons and tons of crack.

TBH

Shrooms, weed, molly, acid.