UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan Season 3 Part 1 "Threepeat" Discussion!!

Not sure what the hell happened this half-season?

Couldn't catch the marathon last week??

You're in luck, because [as] and Toonami are playing Season 3 Part 1 in its entirety ONE MORE TIME!! It all begins tomorrow night (11/24), at Midnight with the episode that first premiered in theaters this summer, Smoke Signals!

So tune in tomorrow night at Midnight, and REALLY try to pay attention this time!

ONLY TOONAMI!!!

Starting with...

Episode #38: Smoke Signals

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

okay, can someone explain to me why the screen seems to darken significantly during high quality animated scenes of high speed action? if there's a lot of light, suddeny, it seems like all the colors become darker as the elements all start moving together. i love bright lights and high action and it always irks me that i can't seem to have both at once

31 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i like reruns and this is a great shw, but this is seriously the fifth time i've seen this episode.

is this mom comment why Eren admonishes Jean for speaking rudely to "his mom" at the end of the season?

Let me guess, the first in a theater and the other 4 on Toonami?

2 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

okay, can someone explain to me why the screen seems to darken significantly during high quality animated scenes of high speed action? if there's a lot of light, suddeny, it seems like all the colors become darker as the elements all start moving together. i love bright lights and high action and it always irks me that i can't seem to have both at once

Hmm I'll have to look out for that during this time through the re-run. I do notice that sometimes the colors can get sharper and better shaded during some of these sequences so maybe that contributes.

I do think in this particular episode the sun is starting to set as their fight kicks off since everything gets more golden colored for Levi's escape.

Edited by DangerMouse

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

THEY'RE REPLAYING THE WHOLE THING FROM THE BEGINNING THIS EARLY?!

THE BLOCK IS GOING TO GET CUT IN HALF AGAIN!

DEMARCO YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

You know for some reason, I didn't find out they're doing this until the day it aired?

Also you worry too much.

Anyway time for more talking and running, without Titans.

6 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmm I'll have to look out for that during this time through the re-run. I do notice that sometimes the colors can get sharper and better shaded during some of these sequences so maybe that contributes.

I do think in this particular episode the sun is starting to set as their fight kicks off since everything gets more golden colored for Levi's escape.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1016527/why-are-action-scenes-so-dark-in-anime-lately

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, elfie said:

You know for some reason, I didn't find out they're doing this until the day it aired?

Also you worry too much.

Anyway time for more talking and running, without Titans.

I just don't want Toonami to to be catastrophically bifurcated again.  We can't allow such careless mistakes to be repeated.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:05 AM, elfie said:

Thanks, that makes sense if that's the reason.

Like I said, for this show I did remember noticing brightness drop a little during Levi's big glorious chase coming up in ep 2, but I wasn't sure if it was due to the time of day progression with the sun setting since all the colors also got deeper too. But this makes more sense since CorbeauKarasu's probably right in that it happens in a lot of anime action scenes as I have noticed it from time to time.

I'm surprised I didn't really notice anything like that during the big fight in the crystal cave toward the end of the season.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Let me guess, the first in a theater and the other 4 on Toonami?

indeed.

when i saw it in the theater, they payed the season 2 recap movie first

and when the credits rolled on the movie

PEOPLE STARTED FUCKING LEAVING.

LIKE THEY FORGOT THEY WERE HERE TO SEE THE PREMIERE EPISODE.

by the time episode one began, half the theater had emptied out. i was flabbergasted.