UnevenEdge

Fallout 76

Sawdamizer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I preordered and played beta and.. am still playing.

Most of the negative criticisms are true. It's buggy as hell and when they fix a thing they break 3 other things. They fix the bugs you like to take advantage of first before addressing the ones that prevent you from interacting in the world. There are massive stability issues and you DC a lot which is bad because most of the world building you are able to do in the game disappears when you log out. So in that sense it's pretty awful.

It does have some identity issues in that it's not sure if it's an MMO, PVP arena combat, or co-op. I get what they were doing in the design by creating the potential for real wasteland chaos, but i'm not sure it works in practice. 

That said, the thing I enjoy most about Fallout games is exploration, carnanage, collection, repeat, and this game is all that. So I've been loving it through the frustration ands when I play, it's for hours at a time.

If they can fix it, it's gonna be a good game, but if you don't own it already, don't buy it until they do fix it.

• Thanks 2

On 12/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, discolemonade said:

ok. If so what about the patches? are they not working at all? because i just got this game, 

i knew it was getting bad reviews, and i personally wasn't going to buy it. but...it was a present, 

and now that i have it, should i just wait? or, return it? or....?

If it was a gift you might as well play it.

One thing I will say ... If you have a friend to play with it's better. It really is a co-op game. You need a team. For PVE, the volume of enemies can be overwhelming as you level and if you get involved in PVP, you will need that back up. So if you don't already know someone playing, make friends fast. 

edit because I apparently have banana fingers

Edited by lunarnoodle
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lunarnoodle said:

If it was a gift you might as well play it.

One thing I will say ... If you have a friend to play with it's better. It really is a co-op game. You need a team. For PVE, the volume of enemies can be overwhelming as you level and if you get involved in PVP, you will need that back up. So if you don't already know someone playing, make friends fast. 

edit because I apparently have banana fingers

good to know. well, i'm going to take a look see through this. 

i only know of one person on my list currently or has this game. 

and he's a dick. 

Spoiler

smooches. you know who you are. <3