UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 86 Discussion

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

Surely they will be a credible threat for Goku and 17?????

They were a million times stronger than Frieza but Frieza was only concerned with killing people living on planets and not animals so their goals didn't conflict with each other!  They were on the other side of the galaxy and it took them this long to get here!!!

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

They were a million times stronger than Frieza but Frieza was only concerned with killing people living on planets and not animals so their goals didn't conflict with each other!  They were on the other side of the galaxy and it took them this long to get here!!!

about that

Spoiler

Goku asks Frieza to join them..........against Vegeta's objections

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

What was so bad about it?!  We got to see 17!  Also, yay for conservation!

It was a C- at best. A throwaway scrimmage with 17 and a lame setup for a 2 parter vs alien poachers that Goku could have beaten when he was 8. That's not very entertaining or compelling.

10 minutes ago, Daos said:

It was a C- at best. A throwaway scrimmage with 17 and a lame setup for a 2 parter vs alien poachers that Goku could have beaten when he was 8. That's not very entertaining or compelling.

Fair enough, lol.  I enjoyed it for what it was, but I'm a big fan of 17.  The alien poacher battle probably wouldn't be necessary, though, except I guess to get 17 to join the team, but they could have just had him say yes this episode.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow. 

However, I do find it baffling and silly that filler is being put in a series not adapted from manga!  And don't tell me they are having a hard time writing Dragon Ball so they need it to buy time while they come up with ideas for the battle royale!

44 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I've been following ANN for 10 years now, thank you very much! Back in '08 they were quite a trusted site!

Now in '18, maybe not as much, but they still do a pretty good job.

Yes but according to this clown, this episode was the pinnacle of DB greatness. So this = Goku vs Cell in his mind.

This is probably the best of the filler arcs but that's hardly A+  10/10 material. 

No one is going to take a site seriously that gives rankings that are that goofy.

• Like 1