UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 4 Discussion

Meilag32

Why are Pilaf, Shu, and Mai children?  And why/how do they have a Dragon Radar?

Trunks and Goten are two little scamps.  Dragonballs look nice, all semi-transparent, with this new art style.

Nice to have 18's original voice back.

Dragon Fish are a real fish... they're awesome.  I've had a couple in my tank before.

Still think this whole thing of Kais as "creators" and Beerus as a "destroyer" is bullshit.  The Kais never created anything.  They were just... "guardians", and most of the time they don't even get involved.  There's also plenty of natural phenomenon and jerks like Frieza around to cause "destruction."  Besides, Beerus is just a dick that randomly and arbitrarily blows shit up that pisses him off.  Doesn't really seem like "a God bestowing judgment on that which is to be destroyed," to me.

Like if you go to a hot spring and pee-pee in it.

39 years old.

sometimes I forget Goku and Vegeta are both near or in their 40's

(Vegeta later explains that Saiyans "retain their prime" longer than humans...meaning he and Goku have the same virility and metabolism of men in their early 20's even though they're 40 or so years old)

Finally.  Beerus shows up.

Only for the episode to end?!?  Damn!  Maybe next week will kick things up a notch.

Fair warning: back in 2015, I saw embarrassingly bad stills from the Japanese airing of the next episode, but I'm pretty sure they cleaned it up for the [as]/Toonami version, which is essentially the DVD/BD version.

Still think this whole thing of Kais as "creators" and Beerus as a "destroyer" is bullshit.  The Kais never created anything.  They were just... "guardians", and most of the time they don't even get involved.  There's also plenty of natural phenomenon and jerks like Frieza around to cause "destruction."  Besides, Beerus is just a dick that randomly and arbitrarily blows shit up that pisses him off.  Doesn't really seem like "a God bestowing judgment on that which is to be destroyed," to me.

Have I mentioned Toriyama is a shitty writer? There's nothing this guy won't pull out of his ass, he doesn't care if it makes sense.

Fair warning: back in 2015, I saw embarrassingly bad stills from the Japanese airing of the next episode, but I'm pretty sure they cleaned it up for the [as]/Toonami version, which is essentially the DVD/BD version.

Yeah, Super was infamous for that.  But it should all be cleaned up.  One would hope.

WHAT A TWEEST!

but seriously aw:(...........also that movie is probably gonna be garbage, it is M. Night SHAMALLAMA after all:|

Once I watch my recording of Super I can post my comments on it then

But Split was really honestly great, it's M. Night's first truly great movie since Signs (Or The Village depending on how much you enjoy that film)

Once I watch my recording of Super I can post my comments on it then

But Split was really honestly great, it's M. Night's first truly great movie since Signs (Or The Village depending on how much you enjoy that film)

I'm just really disillusioned with him because of the literal bucketloads of garbage he's been producing as of late

and also because he....an asian man, somehow managed to whitewash a story that was set in a world where white people didn't exist (Avatar: the last Airbender)

The next episode contained hilariously bad art and animation, but the version FUNi dubbed was the blu-ray version which fixed the art so... we should be mostly ok, but keep in mind it's still Toei.

LOL if the lightning from the SS2 powerup is any indication... the effects are a complete joke.

LOL if the lightning from the SS2 powerup is any indication... the effects are a complete joke.

evidently someone on tumblr claimed that Toriyama said he doesn't remember ever officially making a definitive Super Saiyan 2 form