UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 4 Discussion

Meilag32

dragon_ball_super_logo.jpg

Episode 4: "Bid for the Dragon Balls! Pilaf and Crew's Impossible Mission!"

Recap: Bulma's birthday party arrives and everyone who's anyone has come to partake in the festivities.  With the notable exception of Goku and Vegeta, who are both busy training.  Meanwhile, Whis and Beerus seek out Goku, sensing his energy on King Kai's planet.  They set out and will reach it in 26 minutes.

No flaming, trolling, hating, spamming, etc.

Some Vegeta manservice just because

spoilered for those with weak constitutions

tumblr_nivoasq88w1s38c1io1_1280.jpg

all that's visible is his pecs and a side buttcheek just figured I should spoiler it since a certain user is apparently reporting all the images of men I post now

edit: found an even nicer pic

interesting and creepy spoiler

the only reason they de-aged Pilaf's Army was to give little trunks a girlfriend

apperently a 50 year old women magically  de-aged into an 8 year old is a viable love intrest for an ACTUAL 8 year old

Due to a last minute scheduling situation I won't be able make it home for Toonami until half way though DBZ Kai The Final Chapters. I was originally supposed to see Split at the 7pm showing but now I have to see the 9:50 showing

WHAT A TWEEST!

but seriously aw:(...........also that movie is probably gonna be garbage, it is M. Night SHAMALLAMA after all:|

Due to a last minute scheduling situation I won't be able make it home for Toonami until half way though DBZ Kai The Final Chapters. I was originally supposed to see Split at the 7pm showing but now I have to see the 9:50 showing

That movie got a lot of pre-movie trailers.

Hopefully you have fun, join us whenever you can :)

So I guess this means that Pilaf's gang is canon again?  Since they wrote them out of Kai, I figured they were deleted from the canon.

they're......a bit different than you're gonna remember (they explain why later but....well you'll see)

Welp... Super is turning out to be way worse than I thought.

I thought it would at least try.

to put it in perspective,

Mai is a 50 year old woman.....but she's been "magically de-aged" into an 8 year old and ends up falling in love with Trunks

this technically makes her a pedophile....but Super acts like it's romantic

, the fanbase is very split on the choice to do this to Pilaf's henchmen

I should have known that the commercials for this episode were misleading. This episode is going to be 90% filler, 10% stuff I actually care about.

they de-aged Mai so they could ret-conn her as little Trunks's girlfriend

Well, now I guess I won't consider DB to be a part of DBZ's canon.

One theory might be that it's not the Dragonball Mai, but her daughter. It's not out of the question that Pilaf and Shu simply don't age as fast as humans!

in Battle of the Gods they explain that Pilaf collected the dragonballs at some point between the Buu saga and Super, and wished to be young again (aka the same wish they tried to make in GT) but the dragon took it too literally and turned them into 8 year olds