UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Season 1 Marathon Discussion!!!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, elfie said:

Technically those 20% of people can still be a hero without a quirk, by achieving greatness the normal way. But in this world I doubt anyone would care to do that.

It sounds like being born without a quirk is super rare, and it's mostly just old people that don't have them. So most of that 20 percent are old.

• Like 1

Just now, elfie said:

They give us the statistic of 80% people with quirks.

80 percent of the population. That would include the elderly. Not 80 percent of people being born today. So being born without one might be even rarer than we think.

1 minute ago, Daos said:

80 percent of the population. That would include the elderly. Not 80 percent of people being born today. So being born without one might be even rarer than we think.

Well, 80% after that one incident of the Chinese baby, the first person in the world mysteriously born with a quirk (I'm sure they aren't talking about the Avatar).

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yeah.

And the percentage is apparently still going up. I read some reviews that mention that it's noted to be higher a little later in the show.

Edited by DangerMouse

Basically look at it like this, if 20 percent of children being born don't have quirks... why would his mom take him to the doctor to get checked out? 20 percent is one out of five. That's really common. The percent of left handed people is only 10 percent and we don't consider that uncommon.

Also, it looked like in Deku's class of 20- 30 students... he was the only one with no quirk. That's not 1 out of 5.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

That's not how probabilities work.  One student out of 20-30 could very well happen.

No, it's not.... but if it was that common they wouldn't be erupting into classroom wide laughter at his lack of one now would they?

Also, after 50 something episodes, we only know of ONE character aside from Deku who was born without a quirk. One.

Just now, Daos said:

No, it's not.... but if it was that common they wouldn't be erupting into classroom wide laughter at his lack of one now would they?

Also, after 50 something episodes, we only know of ONE character aside from Deku who was born without a quirk. One.

Because that world is what this story chooses to focus on: almost the entire cast has a quirk, because that's what the story is about. The stories of the normal folks are still going.

Just now, PokeNirvash said:

Does this include the movie, or doesn't it?

Haven't seen it, but I think I remember the preview saying there's one more. So two including that. When you consider the sheer amount of characters we've had on the show, that's super rare.

18 hours ago, elfie said:

I LOVE EVERYONE OF THESE STUDENTS AND THEY ARE MY BABIES AND THEY CAN CARRY A SHOW ALL THEMSELVES AND IT WOULD STILL BE ENTERTAININNG!

tumblr_o6v7xq2d8O1sxfvy5o3_500.gif

The hero course is the best.

(well except Mineta, he couldn't since he's annoying)

Edited by DangerMouse