UnevenEdge

Black Clover ep 29 Discussion

Extended first Wizard King battle.  Nice.  I want to know more about him!

Hmm we already know what the Wizard King and Magic Knights do.

So many OPs!  Like John Hammond, Pierott spared no expense!

Did he just say fasterer? :D

STOP WITH THE SISTER LILY SHIT!

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

I didn't even remember that guy said HA-HA in his first appearance.

yeah, he ends all his sentances with HA-HA like now Naruto ends all of his with "Ttebayo"

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Which screencap?

Haha that gif.

Thanks, I thought that gif was perfect for the occasion :D

Oh and I was talking about the Noelle shock screenshot Mochi included in the OP.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DangerMouse

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Gordon has been stalking Asta, with a notebook that puts Deku's to shame, and considers Asta his "best friend."  Creepy.

So, ripping off MHA now? I mean, this show rips off every other Shounen trope.

You know when you think about it, this show is ripping off Naruto's ripping off other anime.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Drunk Noelle.  And being tsundere with no one else around lmao.

Isn't Noel like 14?, I thought Japan passed a censorship law making it illegal to show underaged characters drinking

(I refuse to spell her name Noelle because that's not how that name is spelled)

• Haha 1

Just now, 3ngag3 said:

So, ripping off MHA now? I mean, this show rips off every other Shounen trope.

You know when you think about it, this show is ripping off Naruto's ripping off other anime.

Not sure I'd call that a ripoff.  Just used it as an example of how Gordon is keeping a giant diary on Asta, and Yuno too, it seems.  But this more like a creepy stalking thing than being a fanboy nerd like Deku.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Not sure I'd call that a ripoff.  Just used it as an example of how Gordon is keeping a giant diary on Asta, and Yuno too, it seems.  But this more like a creepy stalking thing than being a fanboy nerd like Deku.

note in the manga there's no such implication that Gordon isn't normal, the anime is obviously just making him a pervert based on the fact that he wears makeup and Japan likes to paint all feminine men as sexual predators because queer men are not humans to them

Just now, mochi said:

Isn't Noel like 14?, I thought Japan passed a censorship law making it illegal to show underaged characters drinking

(I refuse to spell her name Noelle because that's not how that name is spelled)

I think she's older than that.  15 apparently.

But it's a cuter spelling. =3 Also Noel is male spelling version or something.  Not like the first time anime ever misspelled Western names anyway.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I think she's older than that.  15 apparently.

But it's a cuter spelling. =3 Also Noel is male spelling version or something.  Not like the first time anime ever misspelled Western names anyway.

Noel is a male name, but it's trendy to give girls masculine names these days so I didn't think much of her name

5 minutes ago, mochi said:

note in the manga there's no such implication that Gordon isn't normal, the anime is obviously just making him a pervert based on the fact that he wears makeup and Japan likes to paint all feminine men as sexual predators because queer men are not humans to them

How do you know?  Have you read the manga?  Not sure I would call him normal even before this episode anyway though.  But this definitely puts him in a worse light lol. 

I think they maybe did it because of how he hangs out in the background acting like a weirdo.  I'm still not sure if we're intended to understand what he's saying or not.  Kinda wish I had captions on for this show because maybe I missed a lot!

1 minute ago, mochi said:

Noel is a male name, but it's trendy to give girls masculine names these days so I didn't think much of her name

I thought it was just the name of a Chrismas character.  And it was never a masculine name lol.

15 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Thanks, I thought that gif was perfect for the occasion :D

Oh and I was talking about the Noelle shock screenshot Mochi included in the OP.

Oh haha.

Noelle was cute in this episode at least for what little new material there was. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

How do you know?  Have you read the manga?  Not sure I would call him normal even before this episode anyway though.  But this definitely puts him in a worse light lol. 

I think they maybe did it because of how he hangs out in the background acting like a weirdo.  I'm still not sure if we're intended to understand what he's saying or not.  Kinda wish I had captions on for this show because maybe I missed a lot!

I know filler episodes aren't canon and from what I hear Gordon is totally nice in the manga

and I know how anime likes to stereotype Okama (drag queen) characters

image.png.3bcfe20e6e51c25f93a54aee992d5345.png

so I drew my own conclusions

they're making him a pervert because he wears lipstick and feminine men are an easy target