UnevenEdge

Live action Gundam greenlit by Legendary Films

Jman

I think I'll hold my breath for this one.  There's yet to be a live-action adaptation I've heard about that has mostly-positive reactions or reviews from folks.

Edited by SLiK

• 7 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 10:16 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

This will never leave Development Hell.

Same can be said about a lot of live action anime projects.

It's a blessing in disguise, in all honesty.

Same way they keep crunching on about a Cowboy Bebop "Seaqsonal 2".

Nah.

Uh uh.

I'll just de-head-canonize it even if you do.

Don't do it.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

CB had a perfect "28" (am I doing that right? Two 2-parters plus a 90+ minute canonical feature so 26, minus 2, carry the... 3/4ish feature and......) episode run. It finished on a brilliant note. It's a masterpiece. The creative team, staff and industry itself have matured organically for more than 20 years at this point just stop. Stop, stop, stop. Stop crying about it. You can't just recapture lightning in a bottle like that.

FLCL tried to do it, and failed. As much as I love the original run I simply cannot get behind the modern cashgrabs.

At least FLCL was done somewhat competently.

CB "Season 2" is gonna land like a hot turd in a cold drink.

Don't believe me?

Tell me anyone watched Berserk 2016/2017 that wasn't legitimately invested in the story. Tell me that with a straight face. No laughing. That's right, you can't do it because it's not possible. Just leave everything the way it is. 

Or.

Here's a crazy idea.

Make anything else. Fuck, reboot Pokemon and give it the modernized Berserk treatment. Just have the whole show look like Pokemon Stadium on N64 is shitting it's britches as hard as it can so newer, younger fans can reconnect with the original cardstock animation their poor brains just simply can't comprehend because it doesn't look like someone put Pokemon Snap in a blender and poured it on top the original dubs. Or just go ahead and redub it too. Whhhhhyyyyyyyy nnnnnnooooooottttttt??????

Anyway.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there.

We've already got Transformers and Pacific Rim.

Now, if they can make something like Knights of Sidonia or that weird Godzilla anime crap but make it less shitty... Eh?

I might go watch something like that.

I did go and see Dragon Ball Super Broly in theaters.

It's not impossible to get my ass into a movie theatre seat but you gotta know what you're doing.

I think they'd be better off going with Code Geass. At least that IP isn't forty years old, has distinct main characters, doesn't entail centuries-long timelines (outside of a few crucial side plots) and would probably be a better bet all around if we're looking at this from a money making point of view... In my personal opinion.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:32 AM, SLiK said:

I think I'll hold my breath for this one.  There's yet to be a live-action adaptation I've heard about that has mostly-positive reactions or reviews from folks.

I hear Alita isn't complete garbage.

I'm not at all familiar with the source material, though.

And in general am not very interested in watching it. Not in the theatre, anyhow.

Maybe I'll catch it on TBS in six years or so.

Edited by PowerKing
Misspellings
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Even people with investment didn't watch those.

I trudged through them...

All I can say is that they knew they could do a halfass job because only reason people was there was for the story.

Kinda like now I'm seeing more and more clips from DBS: Broly and thinking "Damn this some funky ass CGI on a tiny screen. Looked alright in the theatre but wow." I mean, some of it looks straight up like watching someone play Heroez. Not as bad as BoG or RoF but still...

And of course they probably gonna make an anime version to fill up the first "arc" of DBS Season 2. And you just sigh and hope the animation is a little more refined since they aren't on that retarded almost weekly production schedule. Here's hoping.