UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion!!!

12 minutes ago, mochi said:

just realized now that Kai is done we're skipping straight from a HORRIBLE revival of DBZ onto a show that manages to capture what people liked about DBZ far batter than the official brand-name revival does every weekend

gonna be interesting

really? i mean the action's pretty great, but honestly, i can't see any thematic or even stylistic connections between MHA and DBZ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

really? i mean the action's pretty great, but honestly, i can't see any thematic or even stylistic connections between MHA and DBZ

superpowers, being based on American superhero comics

a jack-ass rival

Spoiler

who turns out to be a jerk with a heart of gold later on in the series

She's smart.

Invisible girl, haha.

Don't look. xD

What's the difference? xD

So what is the deal?  Some of these people can't turn their powers off?  That's stupid.

That guy is as cold as ice, literally and figuratively.

Bakugo breaking even more. :D

Seems like the other battles and characters are getting glossed over.  Maybe this class should have been smaller.

Can't use her healing power again so soon.

Deku is popular now! :D

Bakugo is not on the road to anywhere good.

Like something out of a comic boom. :D

Fated rivals.  Childhood friends turned enemies. :D

Whoa serious villains!  Out to KILL All Might?!

4 hours ago, mochi said:

.....a thought occurs...if the invisible girl inherited her quirk from her parents.....how did they.....make her?

there'd be no way for them to know what body parts were going where during sex

She's not invisible all the time--she can TURN invisible. That's a big difference!

...no wait, I can't be sure about that. But it's also possible that only ONE of her parents is invisible, I guess.

Edited by OwlChemist81

In episode 1 there's a guy with what looks like shuriken growing out of his head. Now that's a shitty power.

Some people end up as cat/dog/bird people permanently as well. It's later stated that even if Eraserhead uses his quirk on them it won't cause them to revert to human form.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:08 PM, mochi said:

.....a thought occurs...if the invisible girl inherited her quirk from her parents.....how did they.....make her?

there'd be no way for them to know what body parts were going where during sex

While as funny as this may be (and I'm not even sure if her parents are also invisible as I don't think we've ever seen them in anime), It's pretty clear from the start not all Quirks are directly inherited.