UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 3 Discussion

Meilag32

dragon_ball_super_logo.jpg

Episode 3: "Where Does the Dream Pick Up?! Find the Super Saiyan God!"

super02_02-lg.png?x19811    super02_01-lg.png?x19811

Recap: Vegeta and his family go on a family vacation, where he eventually loses his patience and flies off to go train.  Meanwhile, Goku has been training on King Kai's planet.  At the same time, Beerus remembers a dream he had about fighting a Super Saiyan God.  He and Whis continue their journey of devastation throughout the universe.

No trolling, flaming, spamming, hating, arguing, etc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny story, I watched a clip from ressurection f today

Whis  address both Goku and Vegetas faults

Vegeta's are exact;y what I said last week, that he overthinks himself and doesn't actually let himself be stronger than he feels he has to which is why he's always behind, I.e. he has too much self control and self doubht

Goku's faults are that he's a total egomaniac who subconciously looks down on everyone and thinks nobody exists who can ever beat him and has no self control at al

based on Whis's behavior he seems to treat Goku with far more contempt and dislikes him a great deal more than Vegeta....case in point while he'd telling Goku this he randomly punches him in the rib, he doesn't hit vegeta while pointing out his faults

side note Whis is the first (seemingly) Gay character in the Dragonball frahchise who isn't a pedophile (the previous two were General Blue and a background character named Otokotsuki, Blue flirted with child Krillin and Otokotsuki flirted with teenage Trunks, making them both arguably pedophiles)

he is still technically a villain though

I only say seemingly because Unlike Blue and Otokotsuki who were actually stated to be Gay, Whis has not been as far as I know

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Otokotsuki was from GT, right?

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Otokosuki

he was from the end of the

Buu Saga

, and he's implied to have somehow become friends with Trunks and been hired on as an employee of Capsule Corp. in GT due to a Cameo showing him being one of the adoring Capsule Corp. employees sending Trunks off in GT

IT'S 18 AND KRILLIN!!!!!!!!

also 18's voice in Super sounds more like her voice in classic DBZ than it does her voice in Kai

odd

That's because her original dub voice actress came back to voice her on Super, while I believe Colleen Clikenbeard (Kai Gohan, Luffy, Riza Hawkeye) voiced her in Kai.

hah my own thread confused me

also someone on tumblr told me Whis is supposed to be Gay

as I mentioned earlier if so he's the only Gay character in the whole series that isn't a pedophile

You're taking the word of someone on Tumblr?  I'm sure they simply said that because of Whis's clothing and hairstyle.

Did he say Super Cena God?! :-D

he said a lot of things like that

it's like when Mr. Satan mentioned Pokemon Go in DBZ kai last year (which may have been added for the Toonami broadcast since that refference wouldn't have existed when the show was airing on Nicktoons)

so, Meilag32[/member] .... that comment earlier saying Whis wasn't Gay.....he just blushed and smiled when he saw Beerus's dick

still think he isn't gay?

Isn't that standard anime trope?

Also, unless there's a story arc where Whis goes on dates, is there even a point of guessing whether he is or isn't?