UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Wait. How is regular super saiyan Trunks just with a sword even keeping up with him to land those slices?

Might not want to think about that :(

Trunks is half super saiyan God blue or something though but still

Edited by Roymustang1990

When did Trunks become such a corny fucker?  This seems over the top, even for him.

Spontaneous Spirit Bomb?  Whut?  Power transfer?  This was used, once, on Namek, but this seems different, since it didn't seem deliberate.  Something like this happened in at least one of the movies too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Wait. How is regular super saiyan Trunks just with a sword even keeping up with him to land those slices?

I think it's a different form but really hasn't been explained.  I think I read about Super Saiyan 2 Anger or some shit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmm okay, I definitely had no idea from the episode, heh.

It seemed he took on some kind of new form when he fought against Zamasu and Black that other time, when he got that blue energy all around him, and that's what he's using now.

When I was on the DBZ wiki a while back reading over the different Super Saiyan forms I saw one called that and it said Trunks was able to achieve by--- and I stopped reading because I didn't want to get spoiled lol.  But I'm guessing this is what they were talking about.  But again not really explained haha.  Usually when someone gets a new level of power or tranformation more attention is called to it.  I think we got the visual and other characters being shocked and impressed but that was about it.

• Like 1

The fusion retcon was stupid. And then retconned the retcon with the old "they were too powerful so it was over quick."

Rather unsatisfying end to an increasingly disappointing arc.

So Vegeta can't ever catch a break, but for some reason, writers gotta give future Trunks another win?

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

The fusion retcon was stupid. And then retconned the retcon with the old "they were too powerful so it was over quick."

Rather unsatisfying end to an increasingly disappointing arc.

So Vegeta can't ever catch a break, but for some reason, writers gotta give future Trunks another win?

Trunks arguably should get the win, since it's his world.  But the way Vegito was brought into the fight, and taken out of it, was stupid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

It seemed he took on some kind of new form when he fought against Zamasu and Black that other time, when he got that blue energy all around him, and that's what he's using now.

When I was on the DBZ wiki a while back reading over the different Super Saiyan forms I saw one called that and it said Trunks was able to achieve by--- and I stopped reading because I didn't want to get spoiled lol.  But I'm guessing this is what they were talking about.  But again not really explained haha.  Usually when someone gets a new level of power or tranformation more attention is called to it.  I think we got the visual and other characters being shocked and impressed but that was about it.

I just like to think of trunks current form as the form between super saiyan 2 and blue Saiyan God because that's what it looks like. It's very unusual.

The fan base officially calls it " super saiyan rage form"

Oh and trunks new spirit bomb sword slash is one of the coolest moves in the series <3

• Like 2

I wound up being able to watch part of the block.  The hotel has CN, and I had a room to myself to my surprise, but I decided not to turn my computer on and just relax.  I caught Dragonball  Z Kai (uneventful with some great nods to the original Dragonball), MHA Ep 5 (which I already saw like 2 years ago), and FLCL Progressive Ep 2 (amazing).  I will catch Super later, though by the looks of it I guess Zamazu became full-on Eldritch Abomination Evil, and I suspect I didnt miss much else.  I will also try to catch Jojo and HxH today.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 2

A great read there . I think the reviewer forgot some stuff like how th e hell did Android 8 come back to life to give his energy to trunks sword spirit bomb when the kid buu arc(the arc where Android 8 a full cyborg came back to life and not Android 16)  never happened in trunks timeline?!!! 0-0 future trunks timeline is truly the unseen saga

Edited by Roymustang1990

22 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

A great read there . I think the reviewer forgot some stuff like how th e hell did Android 8 come back to life to give his energy to trunks sword spirit bomb when the kid buu arc(the arc where Android 8 a full cyborg came back to life and not Android 16)  never happened in trunks timeline?!!! 0-0 future trunks timeline is truly the unseen saga

....YEAH WHY DID ANDROID 8 GET REVIVED AND NOT 16?!

On 6/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, ben0119 said:

I think it's a different form but really hasn't been explained.  I think I read about Super Saiyan 2 Anger or some shit?

False blue was the name I saw, for him suddenly becoming on par with SS Blue for absolutely no reason.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, mochi said:

....YEAH WHY DID ANDROID 8 GET REVIVED AND NOT 16?!

16 is a fully mechanical android unlike most of the others which are bio mechanical.

So much like a broken toaster he wouldn't be brought back.

On 6/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Hey, I thought it was a decent end, but maybe just because swordplay in the Dragon Ball Universe is freakishly rare.

Of course, we have yet to see if this really IS the end, but it feels like it!

Nope the ending is way stupider sorry. Get ready for a McGuffin!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mochi said:

So is Android 8

He was kind of retconned into being a Biotech android like 17 and 18, as opposed to Mechanical like 16 and 19. Basically a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that Toriyama is kind of an idiot and had no idea what an android or cyborg was. His wiki page lists him as both.

Biotechnological Type Androids: "modified humans" and "cyborgs", androids made from an original organic (usually a human) as a base (such as #8 (according to some guides), #13 (according to a game), #17, #18 and #20). Since they are human-based, they can become stronger if they train. Despite being referred to as "Androids", other than #20 they possess little to no robotic parts and the alterations to their being are simply a result of their organic matter being reconstructed.[2] Though they do not need to eat, they do need to hydrate. Also, their cells deteriorate slowly, so they age slowly too.[3]

Mechanical Type Androids: "total artificial construct types", "robots" or "mecha-types"[4], androids which were made up completely from mechanical parts (such as Major Metallitron, #8 (according to Akira Toriyama), #13 (according to a guidebook), #14, #15, #16 and #19). For some reason, the totally artificial ones have a blood-like liquid crimson substance, presumably a kind of power oil.

Bio-Androids, androids constructed either through biological engineering or as clones spawned from other bio-androids rather than from machine parts and/or a human base (Cell and the Cell Juniors).

• Haha 1

To be fair, I think the T-800 Terminator was referred to as a cyborg because of the flesh covering, which was required to make it through the time machine.  And C-3PO said his job was "human-cyborg relations," when he's just a robot.  What's up with that?  So, the definition has kind of changed over time too I think.

5 hours ago, ben0119 said:

To be fair, I think the T-800 Terminator was referred to as a cyborg because of the flesh covering, which was required to make it through the time machine.  And C-3PO said his job was "human-cyborg relations," when he's just a robot.  What's up with that?  So, the definition has kind of changed over time too I think.

The Terminator thing I can excuse because the author likely didn't realize that putting human skin around an android doesn't make it a cyborg. He probably just thought any mix of robot and flesh was a cyborg.

C3PO said his JOB was human-cyborg relations. Not that he was a cyborg. I mean, they're called droids 100x in the movies. Short for androids.

Except R2D2 is called a droid, and he's not an android. Just a robot.

Keep in mind George Lucas thought a Parsec was a measure of time and not distance... so he clearly didn't do much homework when he wrote this stuff.

In the pre internet days looking stuff like this up was pretty annoying.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:46 AM, Roymustang1990 said:

I just like to think of trunks current form as the form between super saiyan 2 and blue Saiyan God because that's what it looks like. It's very unusual.

The fan base officially calls it " super saiyan rage form"

Oh and trunks new spirit bomb sword slash is one of the coolest moves in the series <3

Possible spoilers -

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_Anger

Super Saiyan Anger (超サイヤ人怒り,Sūpā Saiya-jin Ikari, lit. "Super Saiyan Rage")[1] is a powered up version of Super Saiyan 2. It assumed through the power of intense rage.[2]

Sounds legit. :|

Edited by ben0119

1 hour ago, Daos said:

The Terminator thing I can excuse because the author likely didn't realize that putting human skin around an android doesn't make it a cyborg. He probably just thought any mix of robot and flesh was a cyborg.

C3PO said his JOB was human-cyborg relations. Not that he was a cyborg. I mean, they're called droids 100x in the movies. Short for androids.

Except R2D2 is called a droid, and he's not an android. Just a robot.

Keep in mind George Lucas thought a Parsec was a measure of time and not distance... so he clearly didn't do much homework when he wrote this stuff.

In the pre internet days looking stuff like this up was pretty annoying.

Doesn't the fact the Terminator has biological flesh make it a cyborg?  Or does a cyborg have to be an organic being to start with that has mechanical parts added?

Well droids was something else to call them besides robots, which gave Star Wars more character.  But the cyborg thing I didn't get.  I think I remember someone told me "oh robots used be called cyborgs too" and I was like "ok." It's possible that it means robot in the Star Wars universe, or maybe refers to the humanoid robots like C-3PO.  I dunno. 

But yeah I never really got that.  What human-cyborg relations?  I know of translating between humans, aliens, and robots, but cyborgs?  I mean there seems to be a good amount of actual cyborgs in Star Wars, like Luke and Vader, but do they need translators?  Guess he is just saying he could work for a human, or a cyborg?

Some have thought that Lucas had Han say that on purpose, to show how he was bullshitting Obi-wan, hence his unimpressed reaction.  But he could have just messed up haha. 

Gotta admit, for years, I thought a parsec was a unit of time, maybe even a made up Star Wars one, up until I heard about this scene being debated on the internet, so yeah. :D:P

Edited by ben0119

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Doesn't the fact the Terminator has biological flesh make it a cyborg?  Or does a cyborg have to be an organic being to start with that has mechanical parts added?

Well droids was something else to call them besides robots, which gave Star Wars more character.  But the cyborg thing I didn't get.  I think I remember someone told me "oh robots used be called cyborgs too" and I was like "ok." It's possible that it means robot in the Star Wars universe, or maybe refers to the humanoid robots like C-3PO.  I dunno. 

But yeah I never really got that.  What human-cyborg relations?  I know of translating between humans, aliens, and robots, but cyborgs?  I mean there seems to be a good amount of actual cyborgs in Star Wars, like Luke and Vader, but do they need translators?  Guess he is just saying he could work for a human, or a cyborg?

Some have thought that Lucas had Han say that on purpose, to show how he was bullshitting Obi-wan, hence his unimpressed reaction.  But he could have just messed up haha. 

Gotta admit, for years, I thought a parsec was a unit of time, maybe even a made up Star Wars one, up until I heard about this scene being debated on the internet, so yeah. :D:P

Nope has to be a person/human with augmentations.

in stories : a person whose body contains mechanical or electrical devices and whose abilities are greater than the abilities of normal humans

Definition of cyborg

: a bionic human

Medical Definition of cyborg

I mean I was a kid, I assumed parsec was used accurately. It's like when people in movies say "Human beings only use 13 percent of their brains" you just ASSUME they know what the hell they're talking about. But it's 100 percent fiction.
Edited by Daos
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Daos said:

Nope has to be a person/human with augmentations.

in stories : a person whose body contains mechanical or electrical devices and whose abilities are greater than the abilities of normal humans

Definition of cyborg

Medical Definition of cyborg

I mean I was a kid, I assumed parsec was used accurately. It's like when people in movies say "Human beings only use 13 percent of their brains" you just ASSUME they know what the hell they're talking about. But it's 100 percent fiction.

Oh ok.  Wasn't sure.  I suppose in those other cases it would be artificial or grown biological components anyway, heh.

Haha same here. :D