UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Episode 157 Discussion

I found the reason why I liked the episodes in Buu's body this time around and not as a kid:

The original version of it put TWO FUCKING FILLER EPISODES of Goku & Vegeta dicking around in the intestines, followed by another filler episode of them fighting shadow versions of Gohan, the kids, and Piccolo before finally reaching the absorbed pods. It took less than 5 minutes to get to the pods in Kai.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture
  • Haha 2

Do you remember the amount of time spent flying to Babidi's spaceship in the original? It must have been 5 episodes for all the different characters combined.

Everything in the original version took forever. If Goku needed to take a leak it would have taken at least 3 episodes for him to finish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Incidentally some stuff happens in this arc that arguably sets the tone for super

namely Vegeta flat out declaring he's worthless compared to Goku and Goku offering sexual favors from Bulma to old Kai right in front of Vegeta

Just now, mochi said:

Incidentally some stuff happens in this arc that arguably sets the tone for super

Hide contents

namely Vegeta flat out declaring he's worthless compared to Goku and Goku offering sexual favors from Bulma to old Kai right in front of Vegeta

.... how much of that is accurate?

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

... um..........

..... that's the Earth?

....... that's kinda where I live?

Hence my previous post. It made me believe everything was coming to an end.

Earth was supposed to be in one piece, but it wasn't when Kid Buu came along.

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mochi said:
2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

The only villain in db to ever blow up a planet

Frieza

Also Cell would have blown up the Solar System but he got stopped.  But yeah, we saw Frieza blow up both Planet Vegeta and Planet Namek.

So is Buu more dangerous now because he's a mindless monster with no restraint, or is he stronger too?  Because why would Buu absorb people if it made him weaker?  And obviously the previous Buu got stronger by absorption.  In this script, it doesn't actually sound like Buu is stronger, but simply more dangerous and unpredictable.

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

Vegeta has a point you know, he left behind Vegeta's whole family but saved Mr. Satan and a dog for some reason

I'll give Goku some credit here.  He seemed equally devastated over the loss of his son.  It's like the only time in the series.

But Dende being alive means the Dragon Balls can come back.  Maybe Goku was thinking that.  Or he was trying to save everyone.

• Like 1